Release notes for Rebex WebSocket for .NET
2019 R3 #
(build 7119 from 2019-06-28)
Support for .NET Standard 2.0 on Mono 5.14 and higher
Binaries of Rebex components targeting .NET Standard 2.0 are now also supported on Mono 5.14 and higher.
End of Standard Support for .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and 3.9
2019 R3 is the last release that includes support for .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and 3.9 in the standard package. Starting with 2019 R4, .NET CF 3.5/3.9 will only be supported with Legacy Editions, which will be available as separate products.
Complete list of changes (version 2019 R3 build 7119 from 2019-06-28)
- All: Binaries targeting .NET Standard 2.0 are now supported on Mono 5.14 or higher.
- SSH: Added SshPrivateKey.Generate(...) methods on .NET Compact Framework.
- SSH: Added workaround for broken EtM ciphers in OpenSSH 6.6.
- SSH: Enhanced GlobalScape SSH server detection.
- SSH: Enlarged upper limit for non-standard DSA keys to 8192 bits on .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- SSH: Fixed reporting of SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_GSSAPI_ERROR and SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_GSSAPI_ERRTOK responses.
- TLS/SSL: Added TlsCipherSuite.Fast enum value.
- TLS/SSL: Fixed a bug in server-side mode of TlsSocket that caused client certificate authentication to fail.
- TLS/SSL: Internal changes in the TLS layer (in preparation for the upcoming TLS 1.3 support on mainstream platforms).
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.GetPrivateKeyInfo() method.
- Cryptography: Added CertificateEngine.LocalMachine engine and CertificateEngine.Bind method.
- Cryptography: Added support for SHA-224 hash algorithm.
- Cryptography: Added support for X25519 key format (RFC 8410).
- Cryptography: Always using AES by default to encrypt PKCS #8 private keys.
- Cryptography: Meaningful error message for the CNG AEAD auth tag mismatch.
- Common: Optimized asynchronous continuations on modern platforms.
- Common: Upgraded Task infrastructure in Xamarin.Android binaries.
2019 R2 #
(build 7077 from 2019-05-17)
Support for Visual Studio 2019
All Rebex components are now fully supported in Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.
Support for .NET Framework 4.8
.NET Framework 4.8 is a fully supported platform.
Native elliptic curve cryptography on Linux with .NET Core 2.1/2.2
On Linux, binaries for .NET Standard 2.0 now utilize OpenSSL elliptic curve routines via .NET Core 2.1/.2, making it possible to use ECDH and ECDSA ciphers in TLS/SSL and SFTP/SSH with no need of external plugins.
Complete list of changes (version 2019 R2 build 7077 from 2019-05-17)
- All: Added support for .NET Framework 4.8 and Visual Studio 2019.
- All: Removed leftover Trace.Write logging.
- SSH: Added dummy support for SSH_MSG_EXT_INFO (RFC 8308).
- Cryptography: Added CertificationRequest.Save method.
- Cryptography: Added support for ECDSA and ECDH on .NET Core 2.1/.2.2 on Linux (no need for external plugins).
- Cryptography: Added workaround for broken export of RSA keys from the CNG providers on Windows 7.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for CRLs with redundant trailing data to CertificateRevocationList.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for legacy versions of Mono with lack of SHA-2 support.
- Common: Asynchronous infrastructure improvements.
2019 R1 #
(build 7027 from 2019-03-28)
Improved platform support
This release adds three new sets of binaries targeting the following platforms:
- .NET Core 2.0/2.1/2.2 (via .NET Standard 2.0)
- .NET 4.6.x/4.7.x
- .NET 3.5 SP1
For an overview of available binaries and supported platforms, check out Rebex Support Lifecycle KB article.
Complete list of changes (version 2019 R1 build 7027 from 2019-03-28)
- All: Added binaries targeting .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- All: Added binaries targeting .NET Framework 4.6 and higher.
- All: Added binaries targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
- All: Removed long-deprecated API. Deprecated legacy API.
- ProxySocket: Fixed passing of state to the callback method in BeginConnect.
- SSH: Changed behavior of SshFingerprint.ToString() and .ToArray() to use SHA-256.
- SSH: Improved performance of AES/GCM ciphers on .NET Compact Framework and non-Windows platforms.
- SSH: RSA host keys are preferred to DSA host keys.
- SSH: SHA-512 is only used during SSH client authentication when the RSA key length allows it.
- SSH: SshParameters.MinimumRsaKeySize now applies to client RSA keys as well.
- SSH: Using standard form of Diffie-Hellman group exchange with GlobalScape servers.
- TLS/SSL: Fixed passing of state to the callback method in BeginConnect.
- TLS/SSL: Improved performance of AES/GCM ciphers on .NET Compact Framework and non-Windows platforms.
- Cryptography: Fixed behavior of HMAC mode in KeyMaterialDeriver.DeriveKeyMaterial method.
- Cryptography: Fixed garbage collection issue with PFX-based certificate keys on non-Windows platforms.
- Cryptography: Fixed handling of shared secred padding in AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm.GetKeyMaterialDeriver.
- Cryptography: Fixed possible NullReferenceException in CertificationRequest.GetAlternativeHostnames method.
- Common: Fixed Certificate.Associate with permanent bind on .NET Compact Framework to ensure the key is not garbage-collected.
- Common: LocalItem constructor no longer fails on items with iinvalid paths.
- WebSocket: Initial release.