Related Rebex software
Rebex HTTPS library
HTTPS client library for .NET
Rebex TLS library
TLS client and server .NET library
Rebex Tiny SFTP Server
Free simple SFTP server
Simple, minimalist web server for testing and debugging purposes. Runs as a Windows application only.
It's free for commercial and non-commercial use.
The server is extremely simple to use. Just unpack the ZIP file, run the executable, and that's all. You can tweak the configuration later if needed.
Download - Tiny Web Server Application »
- Download and unpack the ZIP package.
- Optional: edit RebexTinyWebServer.exe.config.
- Run RebexTinyWebServer.exe
- Press Start button to begin serving files via HTTP/HTTPS.
- Accessible via HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- TLS 1.3/1.2 support and up-to-date TLS cipher support.
- Legacy TLS 1.1/1.0 supported as well.
- Detailed activity log (optional raw communication logging).
- Free to use, even for commercial purposes.
- Runs on any Windows OS with .NET 4.6 or higher.
- No setup needed. Just unpack the ZIP file and run.
When to use Rebex Tiny Web Server
Local web development and testing
Need to test your web page now? Not willing to wait days or weeks for your tech-support department to install a testing web server?
Don't want to spend hours learning how to configure a full-features web server yourself?
Get Tiny Web Server and start testing your HTML pages over HTTPS in minutes.
Need temporary local web server for connectivity testing
Install Tiny Web Server, run it and try connecting from your devices.
When NOT to use Rebex Tiny Web Server
Need a production web server
Tiny Web Server is meant for testing and debugging purposes only. It is not intended for Internet-facing endpoints.
Tiny Web Server runs on:
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7.
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, or 2012.
- Windows Vista, Server 2008. You might have to install .NET 4.6 first when using the server on these legacy systems.
The server can be configured using
This configuration file must be placed in the same folder as the executable file.
- TCP port on which the server listens for HTTP connections. If not specified, the HTTP is disabled.
- TCP port on which the server listens for HTTPS connections. If not specified, the HTTPS is disabled.
Root data folder. If the folder does not exist,
the server creates it and puts some test data there.
Default file to be sent if the request URL points to a directory.
Path to the server certificate with associated private key.
PKCS #12 (.pfx file extension) format is supported.
A new self-signed certificate is generated if it does not exist:
.pfxfile is intended to be used on the server.
.cerfile is intended to be installed on the client into the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store.
- Password for the server certificate.
If set to
true, the server starts when application is started. No need to press the button. Default is
To minimize possible "port in use" conflict, the initial values of ports are assigned to 1180 for HTTP and 11443 for HTTPS. If you need to test your web client with standard ports, please modify
in the configuration file to 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS and make sure there is no other service using those ports.
- First version.
Have a feature request or a question? Contact us or ask at Rebex Q&A Forum.