// create an instance of WebSocket client var client = new WebSocketClient(); // connect to a server client.Connect("ws://echo.example.org"); // send a text message client.Send("Hello!"); // receive a text message string response = client.ReceiveShow me more code...
Why Rebex WebSocket?
Multiplatform WebSocket client
WebSockets are becoming increasingly popular, but support in .NET is far from perfect. Versions of .NET prior to 4.5 don't support WebSockets at all, and even .NET 4.5 only supports WebSockets on Windows 8 or higher.
Rebex WebSocket supports legacy platforms (including .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 and .NET Compact Framework 3.5/3.9) and works on legacy operating systems (Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Windows Mobile 5/6, Windows CE, Pocket PC, Windows Embedded Compact). Of course, modern platforms such as .NET Core are supported as well.
TLS 1.2 with SHA-2 certificates on Windows XP and Windows CE; TLS 1.3 on .NET 3.5-4.8 and Windows 7
Rebex WebSocket implements the following modern TLS features:
- TLS 1.3 on mainstream platforms including .NET 3.5-4.8 on Windows 7 (or Windows XP SP3 with plugins)
- TLS 1.2, 1.1, 1.0 on all platforms (including .NET Compact Framework 3.5/3.9)
- Elliptic Curve DSA and Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman ciphers (requires a plugin on some platforms)
- AES/GCM ciphers
- SHA-2 certificates
- SHA-2 hashing algorithms
- Server Name Indication (SNI) extension
- Renegotiation Indication extension
- Support for legacy SSL 3.0 protocol
.NET Compact Framework
Learn more about supported standards and platforms.