Back to feature list...
Standards and platform support
On this page:
- Rebex Time is written in 100% managed C# code.
- No external dependencies. It only needs .NET.
- No third-party or open source code used.
- Fully CLS-compliant.
- Supports any .NET language (C#, VB.NET, C++/CLI, etc.)
- Platform-independent code. Same assemblies for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications and x86/x64, ARM32/ARM64 architectures.
Please note that some non-essential features might not be supported. Let us know if you need to add anything.
- Windows 11 (x64, ARM64)
- Windows 10 (x64, x86, ARM64)
- Windows Server 2022 (x64)
- Windows Server 2019 (x64)
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64, x86)
- Windows 8.1 (x64, x86)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x64, x86) (end-of-life platform)
- Linux (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
- macOS (x64, ARM64)
- Android (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
- iOS/tvOS (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
Rebex Time supports the following .NET Framework platforms:
- .NET Framework 4.8.x
- .NET Framework 4.7.x
- .NET Framework 4.6.x
- .NET Framework 4.5.x
- .NET Framework 4.0
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (same DLLs)
Legacy binaries for .NET Framework 2.0/3.0 are available as well.
For details and a trial version download link, see Support for Legacy Platforms.
Supported IDE versions:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Supported Windows versions:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (end-of-life platform)
- Windows Server 2008 (end-of-life platform)
- Windows 7 SP1 (end-of-life platform)
Rebex Time is also known to work on Windows 8, Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Embedded Standard 2009 and Windows Embedded POSReady 2009. However, these platforms already reached end-of-life (most of them many years ago), which means we cannot guarantee support for Rebex Time on these operating systems.
Rebex Time supports .NET Core platform.
- .NET Core 3.1
- .NET Core 2.1 (end-of-life platform)
Supported operating systems:
Rebex Time supports .NET Standard 2.1 on .NET 7.0/6.0/5.0, .NET Core 3.1, Mono 6.10 (or higher), Xamarin.Android 10.1 (or higher) and Xamarin.iOS 13.10 (or higher). It also supports .NET Standard 2.0 on .NET Core 2.1.
- Visual Studio with Xamarin.iOS 13.10 or later
- iOS 10.2 or later
To target Xamarin.iOS platform, reference .NET Standard 2.1 binaries.
- Visual Studio with Xamarin.Android 10.1 or later
To target Xamarin.Android platform, reference .NET Standard 2.1 binaries.
Legacy edition of Rebex Time for the following platforms is available as a separate product:
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5/3.9
- .NET Framework 2.0/3.0
Legacy platforms are platforms that are no longer covered by our Standard Support, but have not yet reached End of Life. For details, see the following KB articles:
Rebex Time supports .NET Compact Framework on Microsoft's legacy embedded, handheld and mobile platforms based on Windows CE.
- .NET Compact Framework 3.9
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (end-of-life)
Supported operating systems:
- Windows Embedded Compact 2013
Known to work on the following end-of-life operating systems:
- Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0
- Windows CE 5.0
- Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5
Please note .NET Compact Framework is a legacy platform, which means that Rebex Time for .NET CF is available as a separate product with different lifecycle and pricing.
Due to popular demand, we will continue to provide and maintain binaries for .NET Compact Framework 3.5 until 2023-10-10, as long as your legacy support contract remains active. However, support for these binaries is no longer included in the Rebex Support Contract.
When distributing an application using Rebex Time library, simply copy the following DLL files (.NET assemblies) with your application:
There is no need to install, configure or distribute anything else to make them work.
Rebex Time license is royalty-free - you can distribute your application to unlimited number of users or computers without any additional fees.