Back to feature list...
Standards and platform support
On this page:
- Rebex Syslog is written in 100% managed C# code.
- No external dependencies. It only needs .NET.
- No third-party or open source code used.
- Fully CLS-compliant.
- Supports any .NET language (C#, VB.NET, C++/CLI, etc.)
- Platform-independent code. Same assemblies for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications and x86/x64, ARM32/ARM64 architectures.
- Windows 11 (x64, x86, ARM64)
- Windows 10 (x64, x86, ARM64)
- Windows Server 2019 (x64, x86)
- Windows Server 2016 (x64, x86)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64, x86)
- Windows 8.1 (x64, x86)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x64, x86) (end-of-life platform)
- Linux (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
- macOS (x64, ARM64)
Please note that support for the following .NET 6.0 platforms is currently in preview mode:
- Android (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
- iOS/tvOS (x64, ARM64, ARM32)
We will fully support Android and iOS/tvOS platforms as soon as the corresponding .NET 6.0 update is published.
Rebex Syslog supports the following .NET Framework platforms:
- .NET Framework 4.8
- .NET Framework 4.7.x
- .NET Framework 4.6.x
- .NET Framework 4.5.x
- .NET Framework 4.0
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (same DLLs)
Supported IDE versions:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Supported Windows versions:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (end-of-life platform)
- Windows Server 2008 (end-of-life platform)
- Windows 7 (end-of-life platform)
Rebex Syslog is also known to work on Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Embedded Standard 2009 and Windows Embedded POSReady 2009. However, these platforms already reached end-of-life (most of them many years ago), which means we cannot guarantee support for Rebex Syslog on these operating systems.
Rebex Syslog supports .NET Core platform.
- .NET Core 3.1
- .NET Core 2.1 (end-of-life platform)
Supported operating systems:
Rebex Syslog supports .NET Standard 2.1 on .NET 6.0, .NET Core 3.1, Mono 6.10 (or higher), Xamarin.Android 10.1 (or higher) and Xamarin.iOS 13.10 (or higher). It also supports .NET Standard 2.0 on .NET Core 2.1. Support for .NET Standard 2.0 on Universal Windows Platform (build 16299 or higher) and Xamarin.Mac (version 6.0 or higher) is experimental.
- Visual Studio with Xamarin.iOS 13.10 or later
- iOS 10.2 or later
To target Xamarin.iOS platform, reference .NET Standard 2.1 binaries.
- Visual Studio with Xamarin.Android 10.1 or later
To target Xamarin.Android platform, reference .NET Standard 2.1 binaries.
Rebex Syslog features experimental support for Xamarin.Mac 6.0 or later via .NET Standard 2.0.
Rebex Syslog features experimental support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP/UAP) applications on Windows 10 or Windows 11 via .NET Standard 2.0.
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or higher)
- Windows 10 IoT (version 1709 or higher)
In order to use Rebex Syslog on these platforms, make sure to specify at least Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (10.0; Build 16299) in your Universal Windows project.
Rebex Syslog implements the Syslog protocol as specified by the following series of RFCs:
- DSA (legacy)
- Diffie-Hellman key exchange
- Elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman key exchange (ECDH)
- Tripple DES
- DES (legacy)
- Blowfish (legacy)
- ArcFour (compatible with RC4, legacy)
- ArcTwo (compatible with RC2, legacy)
- SHA-2 (SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512)
- MD5 (legacy)
- MD4 (legacy)
When distributing an application using Rebex Syslog library, simply copy the following DLL files (.NET assemblies) with your application:
There is no need to install, configure or distribute anything else to make them work.