Release notes for Rebex Syslog for .NET
(build 7800 from 2021-05-09)
New component: Rebex Syslog
Rebex Syslog is syslog client and server library for .NET. It supports UDP, TCP and TLS, and is compatible with third-party syslog clients and servers. It supports TLS 1.3, TLS 1.2 and earlier versions on all mainstream platforms including .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 7. SHA-2, SNI, AES/GCM, ChaCha20/Poly1305 and other modern TLS features are supported as well.
The new library is available as a standalone package or as a part of Rebex Total Pack.
Detailed list of changes:
- Networking: Added support for SOCKS5 servers that respond with domain name.
- SSH: Optimized usage of ChaCha20/Poly1305 in SSH.
- Cryptography: Added ChaCha20Poly1305 class that implements ChaCha20/Poly1305 with an API that resembles .NET's AesGcm class.
- Cryptography: Added support for loading of ECDSA certificates from PFX/P12 files in .NET 5.0 and .NET Standard 2.1 on Linux and macOS.
- Cryptography: Added support for saving to PFX/P12 files for certificates with temporarily associated private keys in .NET 5.0 and .NET Standard 2.1 on Linux and macOS.
- Cryptography: AVX2 implementation of ChaCha20 releases old pre-generated keystream immediately after reinitialization.
- Cryptography: Clearing output data in AesGcm class when authentication tag is invalid.
- Cryptography: Fixed parsing of Cryptographic Message Syntax envelopes with unsuppoted OIDs.
- Cryptography: Improved ChaCha20/Poly1305 performance on .NET 3.5-4.6 and .NET Standard 2.x.
- Cryptography: Improved performance of AES/CTR ciphers (used in SSH).
- Common: Improved error handling when raising events via synchronization context.