Last updated: 2018-MAY-09
- Why We Collect Data
- What We Collect
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Location of Your Information
- Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data
- Changes to this Policy
Rebex Software Product: Any software product written by Rebex and licensed under Rebex’ EULA.
Rebex Downloadable Software Product: Any Rebex Software Product that can be downloaded and installed on a machine.
Rebex Website: Any website that is the property of Rebex, including but not limited to everything hosted under the top-level domains rebex.net, rebex.com, rebex.cz, buruserver.com or sshcheck.com.
Rebex Account: An account created and stored on Rebex Servers which contains your first name, last name and email. It is accessed via a username and password.
Why We Collect Data
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
- Software and services delivery. We need to collect data associated with the purchase such as First Name, Last Name, email and billing info. We need your email when you opt-in for receiving newsletter. We need to have your email in order to sent you download information for your purchase. We may use third party service provides for delivering services. For example we use third party service providers for sending newsletters and another PCI-compliant service provider for credit card processing.
- Technical support. We may need to get a data for your support request such as log files. It may contain personal data. You hereby expressly consent to the collection and storage of this data.
- Law requirements. We may use and disclose your personal data where required by law, such as in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process.
- Marketing and promotion of our products. We may use your voluntarily-provided feedback. As permitted by the law we may use it as a quote or in other ways. We can also use agregate data in order to improve our products, services and marketing. We may use third party service providers for helping us with this task.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or other business transfer, we may transfer the information we have collected from or about you to the other entity.
- Third Party Service Providers. We use third party service providers as discussed in this section. We also use third party service providers in other circumstances. We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If service providers need to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
What We Collect
Purchasing Rebex Software Products
When you purchase a Rebex Downloadable Software Product we collect information to process your payment and create your customer account. This information includes name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and company name. We do not have access to your credit card details. We use a third-party, PCI-compliant service provider to process your credit card transactions.
Signing up for Newsletters
When subscribing to a newsletter we collect info about your. This includes personal details such as email address and your name.
User Generated Content
Data created by you such as blog comments, forum posts. This can include your email and other personal info.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Your Consent/Withdrawing Consent
By continuing to use our Website, you are agreeing to the placement of cookies on your computer by us and our third party service providers. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this Website, you must stop using our Website and disable cookies via your browser settings for this Website or globally (see below). Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of our Website, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on our Website. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.
The Technologies we Use
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website to, among other things, track the activities of Website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
First and third-party cookies
In relation to whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
How to delete and block our cookies
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
What cookies do we use and why?
- Strictly necessary
'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the Website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services. We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to our Website and to authenticate you
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee how Website or the security on our Website will perform during your visit.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Website works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how our Website is used
- Obtain data on the number of users of the Website that have viewed a product
- Help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the Website
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our Website, or expressing your consent as otherwise required by applicable law, you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies. If you prevent cookies, we cannot guarantee how our Website will perform for you.
'Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use 'Functionality' cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you've applied such preferred programming language for sample code
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Show you when you're logged in to the Website
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
More Information About Cookies
All About Cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at:
Do Not Track
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking by disabling cookies in your browser. However, by doing so we cannot guarantee the correct behaviour of the services we provide to you.
At times Rebex’ Websites and/or Rebex Software Products may contain links to other external non-Rebex sites. Rebex is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such linked Websites.
Our products and services are not designed for children under the age of 16. If we discover that a person under the age of 16 has submitted information directly to us, we will endeavor to delete the information from our systems.
Location of Your Information
Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data
If at any time you choose to cease using Rebex Software Products, you may ask for your data to be removed from our servers by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain your information if it is required to comply with legal obligations and/or defense in case of violation of our Terms of Service and/or Privacy Policies. We may also have copies of your information in backups made for security purposes, but these backups will not be accessible as separately delineated information. Please note, however, that you must retain a copy of all data that you have placed on our servers in the case of any loss; further, if you cease using our software and/or services, we will not be responsible for retention of any of your data.
Your approval of the collection and storage of information during the process of technical support can be withdrawn at any time by writing to email@example.com.
As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.
Changes to this Policy
The data controller is Rebex ČR s.r.o., Chaberská 488/47, 182 00, Czech Republic