Rebex ZIP for .NET
ZIP, UnZIP, Deflate, ZLib, GZip compression library for .NET Framework.
- Compatible with WinZip, PKZIP, Info-ZIP (and many others).
- Easy to use API (see the tutorials).
- Password protection (legacy ZIP 2.0 encryption method; WinZip compatible AES 128, AES 192, AES 256 encryption methods).
- Protect existing ZIP file with password without the need of decompression of source ZIP file and temporary disk/memory space.
- International characters in filenames (Unicode support).
- Supports large files (over 4GB).
- Multi-core compression support. The number of cores used for compression can be configured via
- Wildcards support for adding, extracting and deleting files.
- Advanced file filtering using the FileSet class.
- Recursive directory tree operations.
- Both stream and file based operations.
- Possibility to access decompression stream directly.
- Create ZIP files in memory.
- Add data to ZIP file from stream or memory.
- Written in 100% pure .NET.
- Samples for command line, WinForms and ASP.NET.
- All samples available in C# and VB.NET.
- Add, extract, delete, move/rename files in ZIP archive.
- Move capability makes it possible to delete source item after successful transfer.
- 10 compression levels.
- ZIP archive shrinking.
- Events and delegates for effortless integration with your applications.
- Component source code available (C#).
- Deflate and Enhanced Deflate support (compatible with Deflate64(tm) by PKWARE).
- Read/write comments within ZIP file.
- Open self-extracting ZIP archives.
- FIPS compliant mode in which only FIPS-approved modules are used.
- Support for asynchronous operations including .NET 4.x-style task-based API.
- Storing and restoring file dates and attributes (Read-only, Archive, Hidden and others).
- Ability to inflate (decompress) directly to in-memory byte array.
- Searching for files inside the archive by wildcard mask or FileSet (advanced file filter definition class).
- Support for IEnumerable<T> in ZIP item collections (required for using LINQ).
- All operations are done without any temporary files.
- Archive contents listings with complete file details (original size, compressed size, creation and last modification dates, CRC checksum, comment).
- Custom Deflate algorithm implementation - no dependency on any open-source ZLib compression libraries (unlike many others).
- GZipCompression stream and GZipDecompression stream with multiple files support.
- Zip.Options.RestoreDateTime property to make it possible to restore source date/time on target.
- FileSet.Flatten option (makes it possible to ignore source directory structure and copy all files into single target directory).
2.0, 3.0, 3.5. 4.0, 4.5.x, 4.6; both 32-bit and 64-bit editions
on Windows XP or later; Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015
.NET Compact Framework
2.0, 3.5, 3.9
on Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Pocket PC, PDAs and Smartphones, Windows Embedded Compact 2013; Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013
2.10, 3.x, 4.x
on Linux and Apple's OS X
Xamarin.iOS 8.6 or later
; Xamarin Studio
Xamarin.Android 4 or later
; Xamarin Studio
Experimental support for various Windows Store Apps platforms including
Windows 8 or later, Windows Phone 8.1 or later, Portable Class Libraries and Universal Windows Platform.
Licensing and support
- Royalty free redistribution.
- Includes 1 year support contract.
- Includes all new versions released during 1 year.
Simple commandline utilities
ZIP Console Utility
Simple command line ZIP archive manipulation utility.
Demonstrates how to extract all files from a ZIP archive.
Demonstrates how to create a ZIP archive and add files to it.
Command line utility that displays information about a ZIP archive.
Pocket PC and Windows CE Applications