Rebex FTP/SSL for .NET
FTP/SSL for .NET is a file-transfer component for .NET Framework. It allows you to transfer files directly from your application using FTPS which is also known as FTP over SSL/TLS.
Choose the right component:
What's the difference between FTP, FTPS, SFTP, FTP/SSL, Secure FTP and SCP?
Major Rebex FTP/SSL features
2.0, 3.0, 3.5. 4.0, 4.5 both 32-bit and 64-bit editions
on Windows XP or later; Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013
.NET Compact Framework
2.0, 3.5, 3.9
on Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Pocket PC, PDA and SmartPhones, Windows Embedded Compact 2013; Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2012
on Linux and Apple's OS X
Xamarin.iOS 6 and 7
; Xamarin Studio
; Xamarin Studio
Supports Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013.
- 100% managed code.
- CLS (Common Language Specification) compliant.
- Supports all major FTP over TLS/SSL standards.
- Both server and client certificate authentication possible.
- OAuth authentication support.
- TLS/SSL key exchange using RSA, DSA or RSA with ephemeral Diffie-Hellman.
- Encryption/decryption using DES, Triple DES, RC2, RC4 or AES.
- Support for the forthcoming TLS 1.1 protocol.
- Certificate validation is fully customizable - your application can have complete control over what is accepted and what is not.
- Includes SecureSocket component for general use. Defining all aspects of TLS/SSL handshake is possible.
- Includes Rebex.Security component for X509 certificate management, validation, data signature/verification and encryption/decryption.
- Stable and thoroughly tested code.
- Complete C# source code is optionally available.
- Supports .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5.
- .NET CF 2.0 and 3.5 build is available for FTP on Windows CE and PocketPC devices.
- IPv6 support.
- Rebex FTP/SSL for .NET is designed for ease of use from your code. Check
online samples or download samples and
- Support for asynchronous operations including .NET 4.x-style task-based API.
- Batch operations - transfer, delete or list a complete directory tree or a group of files corresponding to the specified mask or the
FileSet (advanced file filter definition class).
- Move capability makes it possible to delete source item after successful transfer.
- Upload and download to or from disk.
- Upload and download to or from memory.
- Auto resume of upload/download.
- Active and passive transfer modes.
- Binary and ASCII transfers.
- Transfer compression support (MODE Z).
- Reusable block mode transfer support (MODE B).
- All common firewalls and proxy servers are supported.
- Support for double login proxy servers.
- Support for WebRequest and WebResponse pluggable protocols - download a file using
any protocol in just few lines of code.
- Samples for C# and VisualBasic .NET.
- Special class for manipulating file and directory listings. Wildcards, regular expressions
and symlinks supported.
- Creating and deleting files and folders.
- PutUniqueFile support (STOU command).
- Events and delegates for effortless integration with hosting applications.
- Can be used in both client and server applications.
- REST command support - resume file transfers after interruption.
- Server specific commands supported (SITE command) - e.g. setting access permissions
on Unix FTP servers.
- Automatic directory listing parser (LIST command) with all
common formats supported.
- Support for custom listing parsers to handle exotic LIST response formats.
- Raw FTP command and response support.
- Stream support - read from and write to remote files on the fly.
- Monitor downloads with the progress event feature.
- Events Traversing, TransferProgressChanged, DeleteProgressChanged and ProblemDetected added into Ftp to make it possible to get notified about significant actions and to be able to react to a problem in multi-file operations.
- Error handling with .NET exceptions.
- Free one-year support.
- Free one-year upgrades.
- MDTM (last modified time) and SIZE (the file size) commands support.
- Compliant with RFC 959, 1123, 1579, 2228, 2246, 4217 and many common extensions.
- Support for OTC S/KEY(tm) (One-Time Password System) authentication according to RFC 2289 (optionally used by Serv-U FTP Server). (S/KEY is a trademark of Bellcore.)
- IFtp interface to make it easier to write code which works with both SFTP and FTP.
- Ftp.Settings.RestoreDateTime property to make it possible to restore source date/time on target.
- FIPS compliant mode in which only FIPS-approved modules are used.
- FileSet.Flatten option (makes it possible to ignore source directory structure and copy all files into single target directory).
Supported file and directory listing formats
- Unix ls (ProFTPd, Wu-FTPd, Microsoft FTP and many others)
- DOS (Microsoft FTP and others)
- DJ Bernstein's EPLF
- glFTPd ansi-colored list
- VMS and MultiNet (both single and multiline)
- IBM 4690
- support for custom list parsers
Supported proxy servers
- Socks4a (Socks4 with domain name resolving)
- HTTP proxy CONNECT method (ftp://user:password@site)
- FTP SITE (SITE with logon)
- FTP USER/PASS (USER user@firewall@hostname / PASS pass@firewallpass)
- FTP OPEN
Recommended and tested FTP and FTP/SSL servers
Also works with
- BlackMoon FTP Server
- Gene6 FTP Server
- GlobalScape Security Server
- Bullet Proof
- Serv-U FTP Server (by Rhino Software)
- War Ftp
- WS_FTP Server (by Ipswitch)
- Ocean FTP Server (1.02 and higher) (by Code Ocean)
- Raiden FTPD
- large number of public FTP servers
Simple commandline utilities
Pocket PC and Windows CE Applications