How many licenses do I need?
Component is licensed on per-developer basis. You have to obtain a valid
license for each human who writes the code which directly uses the component.
Do I need a special license for automated buildserver?
No. Only developers need a license. No license is needed for continuous integration tools such as TeamCity , Jenkins or CCNet.
Can I repackage your component and distribute it as a competing library?
As you can imagine, the answer is no. This applies to both commercial and free libraries.
Can I redistribute your components with my product?
In most cases that's OK (of course), but there is one exception. You cannot use Rebex components in a product
which directly or indirectly competes with Rebex components.
Rule of thumb: If your users are developers of any kind and you enable them to
create code which calls Rebex component via some kind of proxy layer, then the answer is:
No, it's not allowed.
Examples of ALLOWED products:
Office Add-in which enables end users to load and save documents stored on SFTP server.
- SFTP client for Android.
- Webmail which connects via IMAP to mail server.
- Mail processing application which searches for emails from suppliers and updates product database.
- Gmail-to-Office 365 migration tool.
Examples of NOT ALLOWED products:
Office Add-in with an API which enables developers to load and save
documents stored on SFTP server.
- SFTP .NET component repackaged as an SSIS component or task.
A COM wrapper around Rebex component which
provides access to a part of Rebex component API.
- PowerShell wrapper around Rebex component.
- Library for other platforms which uses Rebex component as a core.
See EULA for details. If in doubt, please contact us.
Do we have to pay for each copy of our software we ship that includes your component?
No. The component is licensed per-developer, not per user.
Once you have purchased a license for each of your developers, you can redistribute the component DLLs
with your application royalty free and to any number of end users and to any number of computers.
Is your product royalty free?
Who is covered by a Company license?
If business entity on developer contract and on Rebex
component invoice is exactly the same you are covered by company license.
Following developers ARE COVERED by a company license:
- Employees of your organization.
- Contractors working on organization's projects.
Example: Employees and contractors working for BigCorp USA in California and New York are covered by a single Company license.
Following developers ARE NOT COVERED by a company license:
- Developers working for companies owned by your company.
- Developers working for companies which owns your company.
- Developers working for other companies with same owner.
Example: To cover all developers working for BigCorp International Inc., BigCorp Germany GmbH, BigCorp Great Britain Ltd.
you would need three company licenses.
If you need to cover all of those developers in a single contract, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Can my company get the component source code?
Please contact email@example.com to discuss terms and conditions.
What is support contract good for?
Support contract includes:
- Every new version of the licensed component both major and minor.
- Every new component released (if you have a Rebex Total Pack license).
- Email questions answered within one business day.
- Phone support upon request.
Support contract for the first year is included in every license of the Rebex component.
Can I use my component when the support contract expires?
Yes! (of course).
The license is perpetual. See page about Support Contracts for details.