2016-12-19 Version 2016 R3 #
(build number 6198)
Elliptic curve cryptography in SSH
All Rebex components utilizing our SSH library now support
SSH key exchange algorithms based on Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) algorithm and
SSH host key algorithms based on Elliptic Curve DSA (ECDSA) and Edwards-curve DSA (EdDSA) algorithms:
Please note that external plugins might be needed for some of those algorithms or curves on some platforms.
New OpenSSH key format support
PrivateKeyInfo objects can read server and client keys utilizing
the new OpenSSH key format (Base64-encoded keys with
"BEGIN OPENSSH PRIVATE KEY" header).
This format is usually used to store ED25519 or ECDSA keys.
Fine-tuning enabled ciphers in SSH
SshParameters only made it possible to enable/disable groups of ciphers.
Now, it's possible to fine-tune the list of supported algorithms, including their preferred order (client-side only) using
Please note that
MacAlgorithms properties still apply - a cipher is only used
when it is enabled by both the method and property.
Disabled weak algorithms in SSH
Several legacy ciphers are now disabled by default:
SshParameters.EncryptionAlgorithms to enable them.
Weak RSA server host keys shorter than 1024 bits are now rejected by default.
SshParameters.MinimumRsaKeySize property to specify a custom key size.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R3
- SFTP: Added Sftp.GetChecksum methods (only for servers that support the "file-check" extension).
- SFTP: Changed Sftp.GetStream in UWP edition to use .NET API instead of Windows Store API.
- SFTP: ServerKey property added to Sftp/Scp objects, providing server public host key of the server.
- File Server: Renamed FileServerUser constructor's physicalRootPath argument to virtualRootPath.
- File Server: Added support for "ecdh-sha2-nistp256", "ecdh-sha2-nistp384", "ecdh-sha2-nistp521" and "firstname.lastname@example.org" key exchange algorithms (plugins needed to enable them).
- File Server: Proper maximum packet size used when sending channel data (instead of hardcoded value).
- File Server: Fixed rename operation that used to fail for directories located in the physical disk's root directory.
- File Server: Fixed a bug that could cause timeout and session failure during SSH session renegotiation.
- File Server: Added support for "ecdsa-sha2-nistp256", "ecdsa-sha2-nistp384", "ecdsa-sha2-nistp521" and "ssh-ed25519" host key algorithms (plugins might be needed on some platforms).
- File Server: Both RSA and DSA certificates can be used as host key at the same time.
- SSH Shell: Fixed race condition at start of SSH tunnel that might cause data corruption.
- SSH Shell: ServerKey property added to Ssh object, providing server public host key of the server.
- Telnet: Added experimental Telnet binaries for Windows Store / Universal Windows Platform.
- Terminal: Fixed TerminalControl.CursorBlinkingInterval (could temporarily leave the cursor in 'off' state).
- Terminal: No longer waiting for channel close confirmation in TerminalControl.Dispose.
- Terminal: Added a workaround for delayed close/dispose of SerialPort class in SerialPortChannel.
- Terminal: Fixed rare race condition in TerminalControl.Unbind.
- Networking: Enhanced and optimized HTTP/HTTPS client core.
- Networking: Connect/Listen methods on ProxySocket/TlsSocket objects now throw an exception when called twice on the same socket.
- Networking: Added SocketInformation constructor.
- SSH: Added support for "ecdh-sha2-nistp256", "ecdh-sha2-nistp384", "ecdh-sha2-nistp521" and "email@example.com" key exchange algorithms (plugins might be needed on some platforms).
- SSH: Added support for new OpenSSH key format (Base64-encoded keys with "BEGIN OPENSSH PRIVATE KEY" header).
- SSH: Added SetKeyExchangeAlgorithms, SetHostKeyAlgorithms, SetMacAlgorithms methods to SshParameters object to make it possible to fine-tune the list of enabled SSH ciphers.
- SSH: Legacy Diffie-Hellman group exchange is only used with legacy SSH servers.
- SSH: Added SshSession.ServerInfo property to make it possible to determine ciphers supported by the SSH server.
- SSH: Added SshPublicKey.KeySize property.
- SSH: Added SshParameters.MinimumRsaKeySize property specifying to connect only to SSH servers with RSA server key of given size or higher.
- SSH: Added support for "ecdsa-sha2-nistp256", "ecdsa-sha2-nistp384", "ecdsa-sha2-nistp521" and "ssh-ed25519" host key algorithms (plugins might be needed on some platforms).
- SSH: Disabled weak SSH ciphers by default (they can still be enabled explicitly).
- SSH: Check availability of associated private key when adding a certificate-based server host key.
- SSL: Added support for Elliptic-Curve based TLS ciphers (TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA) with NIST P-256/P-384/P-521, Curve 25519 and Brainpool P256R1/P384R1/P512R1 curves. Plugins are needed for some of those.
- SSL: Server name is now passed to TLS server during negotiation (use TlsParameters.CommonName to override it).
- SSL: Fixed TlsCipherSuite.All to include all recently added cipher suites.
- SSL: All legacy 'EXPORT1024' ciphers are now prohibited by default in addition to already-prohibited 'EXPORT' ciphers (unless AllowVulnerableSuites option is enabled).
- SSL: Fixed issues with some legacy TLS/SSL ciphers (all of them were already disabled by default).
- SSL: Enhanced error reporting in server-side TLS/SSL library.
- Cryptography: Improved ASN.1 time node parser.
- Cryptography: Added support for certificate validation on Universal Windows Platform.
- Cryptography: Added custom X509 certificate validator for .NET Compact Framework with full SHA-2 support on all platforms.
- Cryptography: Fixed parsing of 'Intended Usage' extension when 'Decipher Only' was specified.
- Cryptography: Added static Create method to SHA256Managed/SHA384Managed/SHA512Managed classes on .NET Compact Framework.
- Cryptography: ValidationResult.ErrorCode deprecated and replaced with NativeErrorCode.
- Cryptography: Optimized memory usage in CMS/PKCS #7 (SingedData/EnvelopedData classes).
- Cryptography: Added missing argument checks to CertificateIssuer methods.
- Cryptography: Added support for Base64-encoded files with CRLF end-of-line sequences to CertificateChain.LoadP7b method.
- Cryptography: Fixed HMAC calculation based on SHA-384 and SHA-521 on NET Compact Framework and Mono platforms.
- Cryptography: Added Rebex.Security.Certificates.CertificateEngine class to make it possible to implement custom X509 chain building and validation engines.
- Core: Added ConsoleLogWriter for Xamarin platforms.
- Core: Added Rebex.TeeLogWriter class that makes it possible to log to multiple log writers.
- Core: Added LocalItem.GetChecksum methods and related types.
2016-08-26 Version 2016 R2.2 #
(build number 6083)
This update brings several improvements, workarounds and bugfixes.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R2.2
- File Server: Fixed FileUploaded/FileDownloaded events that used to be wrongly called on session failure.
- SSH: Enhanced handling of errors in FingerprintCheck event handlers.
- SSL: Fixed a rare issue in abbreviated TLS/SSL negotiation handling.
- Cryptography: Added CheckCertificate/GetIssuingDistributionPoint methods to CertificateRevocationList class and ValidateRevocationList method to Certificate class.
- Cryptography: Added support for certificates with private keys stored in CNG Key Storage Providers.
- Cryptography: Enhanced SHA-2 support check on .NET Compact Framework.
- Cryptography: Fixed SHA-2 support in AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm.SignHash on Windows Server 2008 (and possibly other old platforms).
- Core: Added workaround for broken FileStream.SetLength on some .NET Compact Framework platforms.
2016-07-28 Version 2016 R2.1 #
(build number 6054)
Fixed RSA-based session negotiation in File Server
In 2016 R2, File Server always attempted to use RSAManaged to create an RSA signature instead of using RSACryptoServiceProvider whenever possible.
Experimental support for Universal Windows Platform in File Server
Rebex File Server binaries for Universal Windows Platform are now available.
Supported platforms include Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 IoT and possibly Xbox One.
(Experimental binaries of other Rebex components - SFTP, FTP/SSL, Time, ZIP, File Transfer Pack, Terminal Emulation - have been available since 2016 R1.)
This is a maintenance release with enhancements and fixes in the shared functionality.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R2.1
- File Server: Added FileServer.Settings.ShowHiddenItems option that makes it possible to show file system items with 'hidden' flag from directory listings.
- File Server: Added experimental File Server binaries for Universal Windows Platform.
- File Server: Added support for extremely verbose incoming packet logging (log level 0).
- File Server: Fixed handling of connection protocol packets received during renegotiation.
- Networking: Fixed ProxySocket.ToEndPoint to throw a more meaningful exception for entries with no IP addresses.
- SSL: Fixed unreadable TLS debug log messages on Xamarin platforms.
- SSL: Added workarounds for bugs in Microsoft Schannel implementation of DHE_RSA_* ciphers related to incorrect padding processing.
- Cryptography: Fixed AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm.SignHash (in 2016 R2, it falls back to RSAManaged without trying to use RSACryptoServiceProvider first).
- Cryptography: Fixed CertificateIssuer.IssueRevocationList method that ignored signatureHashAlgorithm argument and always used SHA-1.
- Core: FileLogWriter on Windows Store 8.x / Universal Windows Platform is now thread-safe.
- Core: Fixed LocalItem(string) constructor on Windows Store 8.x / Universal Windows Platform.
- Core: Added workaround for broken handling of surrogate pairs when converting to "iso-8859-1" using System.Text.Encoding on Mono 4.x.
2016-06-30 Version 2016 R2 #
(build number 6026)
Support for Xamarin June 2016 Update
June 2016 update of Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.Android/Xamarin.Mac introduced a breaking change in Mono.Security API
that broke compatibility with Rebex components. This issue has been solved in this release.
SHA-2 for all supported .NET Compact Framework platforms
SHA-1 is currently being deprecated (applies to X509 certificates, TLS/SSL and SSH),
which poses a problem for legacy .NET Compact Framework platforms based on editions
of Windows CE with no native SHA-2 support. To make solutions for these platforms compatible
with current TLS/SSL and SSH serves, we added a custom implementation of SHA-2 for these
Support for Telnet over TLS/SSL has been added. Supported TLS/SSL versions: SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.
YMODEM file transfers
Terminal Emulation component now supports legacy terminal-based YMODEM file transfer protocol.
Additional SSH host key algorithms
Support for 'x509v3-sign-dss', 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and 'email@example.com' host key algorithms
has been added to SFTP, SCP, SSH and File Server components.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R2
- SFTP: Improved Disconnect method on .NET CF to make sure the connection is closed gracefully.
- File Server: Enhanced error reporting when trying to delete non-empty directories.
- File Server: Fixed data buffering in SFTP subsystem.
- File Server: Ssh object now properly closes tunnel listeners when disposed.
- File Server: Added MaxSessionTransferredBytes and MaxSessionDuration settings to specify when to trigger session renegotiation.
- File Server: Added FileServer.Settings.UseLargeBuffers option.
- File Server: Added support for additional server authentication algorithms ('x509v3-sign-dss', 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and 'email@example.com').
- File Server: Fixed compatibility with Bitvise SSH Client related to text mode.
- File Server: Fixed error handling in SSH tunnel starter.
- File Server: Fixed possible NullReferenceException on connection failure.
- File Server: Added ClientSoftwareIdentifier to PreAuthenticationEventArgs and AuthenticationEventArgs.
- SSH Shell: Incoming SSH tunnels are now properly handled on explicitly-bound Ssh objects.
- SSH Shell: Fixed Ssh.Timeout to set inner session timeout as well.
- Telnet: Added TelnetEscapesCarriageReturn option that specifies whether to send <CR> or <CR><NUL>.
- Telnet: Added KeepAlive method to Scripting object.
- Terminal: VirtualTerminal class is no longer sealed.
- Terminal: Added support for YMODEM file transfers.
- Terminal: Fixed Telnet to treat incoming <CR><NUL> sequences as <CR>.
- Terminal: Added support for Telnet/SSL (Telnet secured with TLS or SSL).
- Terminal: Extended range of palette index argument of TerminalOptions.SetColorIndex method from 0-15 to 0-255.
- Terminal: Added EnableMouseWheel option to TerminalControl (makes it possible to disable mouse wheel scrolling).
- Terminal: Fixed scrolling to history buffer when resizing the terminal control.
- Terminal: Improved ScriptEvent.Delay and ScriptEvent.Duration processing.
- Terminal: Better logging in Scripting API.
- Networking: Increased default receive buffer size on Windows 8 and higher. Added related Proxy properties to make this configurable.
- Proxy: ProxySocket object's Connect method now uses the timeout value specified by the Timeout property.
- SSH: Added support for additional server authentication algorithms ('x509v3-sign-dss', 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and 'email@example.com').
- SSH: Disabled hmac-sha96 SSH cipher in FIPS mode (it's not compliant).
- SSH: Fixed error handling in queued background calls (mostly applies to session renegotiation).
- SSH: Fixed renegotiation handling to allow renegotiation while authenticating.
- SSH: Fixed DSA client certificate authentication.
- SSH: Enhanced interactive authentication support to handle uppercase password prompts.
- SSL: Enhanced SHA-2 support for .NET Compact Framework. SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512 are now supported even on platforms with no native SHA-2 support.
- SSL: Added Settings.SslSession property to allow resuming specific TLS/SSL sessions.
- SSL: Fixed record layer 'protocol version' handling.
- SSL: Enhanced Diffie-Hellman key exchange logging.
- Cryptography: Fixed detection of native SHA-2 support in .NET Compact Framework version.
- Cryptography: Added support for more variants of OpenSSL/OpenSSH (SSLeay) key files.
- Cryptography: Fixed Certificate.Associate to work with DSA keys.
- Cryptography: Added CrlNumber property to CertificateRevocationList object.
- Cryptography: Added support for SHA-2 certificates to Certificate.VerifyHash in .NET 2.0 on Windows with FIPS-compliant mode enabled.
- Cryptography: Certificate.LoadPfx and CertificateChain.LoadPfx methods now specify Exportable options by default (in addition to UserKeySet).
- Cryptography: Added workaround for RSA implementations that reject rare signatures shorter than the key size.
- Core: Enhanced SSPI error messages.
- Core: Fixed LogWriterBase.Level default value.
- Core: Fixed compatibility issue in Xamarin edition (caused by a breaking change in June 2016 update of Xamarin).
2016-02-10 Version 2016 R1.1 #
(build number 5885)
Experimental assemblies for Xamarin.Mac
Added experimental binaries of most Rebex components (FTP/SSL, SFTP, File Server, Secure Mail, ZIP, Time, Security) for Xamarin.Mac platforms.
They are suitable for targeting Xamarin.Mac Mobile Framework and Xamarin.Mac .NET 4.5 Framework projects.
Experimental binaries of most Rebex components (FTP/SSL, SFTP, File Server, Secure Mail, ZIP, Time, Security) for
the Xamarin.Mac platform are now available. They are suitable for targeting both Xamarin.Mac Mobile and Xamarin.Mac .NET 4.5 Framework projects.
This release includes several hotfixes.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R1.1
- SSH Shell: Specified default values for SshParameters properties (fixes issues with SshTerminalCotrol and Visual Studio 2015's designer).
- SSH Shell: Fixed handling of failed reverse tunneling attempts.
- SSH Shell: Fixed "postponed-close" workaround for servers with broken SSH channel closure.
- SSH: Fixed seldom-used SshSession.Connect(string, int) method that was freezing since 2016 R1.
- SSH: Added workaround for older version of Bitvise server that don't properly handle SSH channel closing.
- SSH: Fixed handling of multi-line SSH banner messages.
- SSH: Fixed a bug in SSH channel window size adjustment.
- SSH: Fixed potential NullReferenceException error in SshSession.Dispose method.
- SSL: Disabled any usage of MD5 in TLS 1.2 to prevent SLOTH attacks.
2016-01-11 Version 2016 R1 #
(build number 5855)
SSH tunneling (port forwarding)
Terminal Emulation component now features a simple-to-use API for SSH tunneling (port forwarding).
Support for outgoing SSH tunnels (port forwarding) was added to File Server component as well.
Experimental assemblies for Windows Store Apps
Experimental binaries of many Rebex components (SFTP, FTP/SSL, Time, ZIP, File Transfer Pack, Terminal Emulation) for "Windows 8 Store", "Windows 8.1 PCL", and "Windows Universal Platform" are now available.
The are suitable for "Store Apps" targeting Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 IoT.
Visit Rebex Labs for additional information.
Mitigation of Logjam attacks
Check for minimum allowed Diffie-Hellman key size (1024 bits) has been added to SSH and TLS/SSL to mitigate Logjam attacks.
The minimum value can be changes using
File upload/download events in File Server
Added FileUploaded and FileDownloaded events to make it easier to track uploads and downloads.
Server certificate authentication in SSH
Rebex SFTP, Terminal Emulation and File Server now support X509 certificate host key algorithm, making it possible to authenticate servers using
a certificate instead of public key.
Enhanced virtual shell support
File Server's virtual shell infrastructure offers
Empty shell in addition
Scp shell. It provides no predefined commands (with the exception of
exit), making it simple to provide a custom set of commands instead.
Complete list of changes of version 2016 R1
- All: Added workaround for Xamarin.Android whose Dns.GetHostEntry resolves 'localhost' to device's external IP address.
- All: Rebex assemblies are now signed with SHA-256 signatures in addition to legacy SHA-1 signatures.
- SFTP: Enhanced error message reported by ChangeDirectory when trying to change into a non-existing directory.
- File Server: Added port forwarding (TCP tunneling) support.
- File Server: Enhanced logging of handle-based file system operations (such as closing a file).
- File Server: IsRunning property added to Server/FileServer objects.
- File Server: Added FileUploaded/FileDownloaded events.
- File Server: Starting a server with no bindings now triggers an error.
- File Server: Fixed wrong session ID in SFTP error log entries.
- File Server: Fixed handling of empty folders on Windows CE.
- File Server: Fixed bad P/Invoke declaration (applies to Windows platforms).
- File Server: Enhanced error reporting in SFTP and SCP and fixed several wrong error codes.
- File Server: Fixed file delete operation that used to report success when deleting non-existent file on non-Windows platforms.
- File Server: Fixed compatibility issues with libssh2.
- File Server: Added proper data window size checks.
- File Server: Added workaround for wrong error code reported by Windows CE when deleting non-existent file.
- File Server: Added workaround for Open with Create+Read in .NET-based virtual file system.
- File Server: Fixed Unbind method that occasionally triggered an error.
- File Server: Added FileServerProtocol.Shell (replaces FileServerProtocol.Scp). Makes it possible to choose between SCP shell and empty shell when constructing a user object.
- File Server: Enhanced error handling during initialization. Early closed connections no longer leave the server in an unusable state.
- File Server: Added workaround for buggy (or malicious) clients that send incomplete disconnect requests.
- File Server: Added logging of successful and failed authentication attempts.
- File Server: Added workaround for Windows CE with missing Enhanced DSS and Diffie-Hellman Cryptographic Provider (managed and slow implementation of Diffie-Hellman is used in this case).
- File Server: Fixed FileServer constructor (used to fail when default charset was multi-byte but not UTF-8).
- File Server: Unified ShellCommandEventArgs.User and SshConsole.User types.
- File Server: Added support for certificate-based server authentication (using 'x509v3-sign-rsa algorithm').
- File Server: Enhanced key negotiation error logging.
- File Server: Added workaround for Xamarin.Android where it was possible to open a non-existing directory.
- SSH Shell: Added easy-to-use SSH port forwarding (TCP tunneling) API.
- SSH Shell: Support for zsh shell added to Shell object's well-known-shell mode.
- Terminal: TerminalControl.SelectionChanged raised on double and triple clicks as well.
- Terminal: Improved behavior of 'CSI J' sequence.
- Terminal: Fixed inappropriate "Object never unlocked" error.
- Terminal: Fixed handling of lone CR characters.
- Proxy: Fixed a bug in SOCKS4/SOCKS5 response reading code that triggered an infinite loop with buggy proxy servers.
- Proxy: Enhanced DNS resolution error messages.
- SSH: Enhanced interactive authentication support to make it possible to use AuthenticationRequest event to ask for username and password.
- SSH: Enhanced rejected authentication logging and error reporting.
- SSH: Added SshParameters.MinimumDiffieHellmanKeySize value (set to 1024 by default to mitigate Logjam attacks).
- SSH: No exception is thrown when the server aborts connection instead of closing it (unless a packet is being received).
- SSH: Enhanced 'no common algorithms' error message.
- SSH: Refactored SSH core to handle multi-thread scenarios more efficiently.
- SSH: Added certificate-based constructor to SshPublicKey class.
- SSH: Added support for certificate-based server authentication (using 'x509v3-sign-rsa algorithm').
- SSH: Fixed misleading error message when user interactive authentication attempt is rejected.
- SSH: Added support for one additional 'keyboard-interactive' authentication prompt ('Password for [user@server]:').
- SSH: Added Settings.PostponeChannelClose option to enable workaround for servers that send channel data or exit code after the channel has been closed.
- SSH: Added EnableSignaturePadding option that forces signature padding (workaround for SSH servers that got signature padding wrong).
- SSH: Added logging of debug messages received from SSH server.
- SSL: TLS 1.2 made compatible with Microsoft's implementation.
- SSL: Fixed client certificate authentication in TLS 1.2.
- SSL: Added Settings.SslMinimumDiffieHellmanKeySize value (set to 1024 by default to mitigate Logjam attacks).
- SSL: Added reliable detection of SHA-2 certificate support.
- Cryptography: Enhanced cryptographic provider initialization error message.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for PuTTY keys with bad data at the end.
- Core: Fixed multi-file operations to never modify input FileSet's BasePath.
- Core: ThreadPool is now used to handle background operations instead of a custom implementation.
- Core: Enhanced multithread operation support in log writers.
2015-08-24 Version 2015 R4.1 #
(build number 5715)
Fixed Xamarin mobile platform detection
Fixed platform detection code on Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R4.1
- All: Fixed platform detection on Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS.
- All: Version and platform added to assembly description.
2015-08-09 Version 2015 R4 #
(build number 5700)
Support for Windows 10, .NET Framework 4.6 and Visual Studio 2015
All Rebex components now ship with full support for Windows 10, .NET Framework 4.6
and Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
Older Visual Studio versions (2005 and higher) and .NET Framework versions (2.0 and higher)
are still supported as well.
Faster TLS/SSL and SSH negotiation on Xamarin.Android
Our SSH and TLS/SSL libraries now use Java-based Diffie-Hellman on Xamarin.Android, which substantially speeds up SSH and TLS/SSL negotiation
when Diffie-Hellman algorithm is used.
Improved TerminalControl performance
TerminalControl is now even faster - we significantly improved scrolling speed when receiving lots of data.
Just try sending "ls -lR /" to a Unix-like server to see this in action.
Cursor blinking and custom colors
TerminalControl now supports cursor blinking
and makes it possible to customize the cursor color as well.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R4
- All: Enhanced platform detection code.
- SFTP: Fixed Sftp.AbortTransfer to support value type states.
- SFTP: DownloadBufferSize, DownloadQueueLength, UploadBufferSize and UploadQueueLength added to Sftp.Settings.
- SFTP: Added workaround for a bug in GlobalScape 7.1.x which sends erroneous empty data packets to the client.
- SFTP: Fixed ObjectDisposedException that might have occured when an SSH channel has been closed in a certain way.
- SCP: Fixed treatment of additional special characters in remote paths.
- File Server: Added support for UNC paths.
- File Server: Fixed issues with HMAC-SHA1 and HMAC-MD5 in FIPS-only mode.
- File Server: Added support for message authentication algorithms based on SHA-2 on .NET Compact Framework (when supported natively).
- File Server: Fixed handling of "empty" read requests (used to send back EOF instead of an empty block).
- File Server: Enhanced subsystem shutdown process to prevent exception messages in the log.
- File Server: LogLevel for SFTP filesystem errors lowered from Debug to Verbose.
- Terminal: Significantly improved scrolling speed when receiving lots of data.
- Terminal: Better handling of switching view buffers with different escape sequences.
- Terminal: Fixed ScriptMatchInfo.Position that used to be the position of a second character of a match.
- Terminal: Added support for cursor color changing and blinking.
- Terminal: Added workaround for clipboard-related errors.
- Terminal: Add TerminalColor static class that defined color constants.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.ScreenResize event that is raised when the terminal screen size has been changed.
- SSH: Added support for message authentication algorithms based on SHA-2 on .NET Compact Framework (when supported natively).
- SSH: Fixed NullReferenceException thrown by some SshSession properties (such as IsConnected) when not connected.
- SSH: SHA-2 is now the preferred message authentication algorithm.
- SSH: Added support for larger SSH packets.
- SSL: Unified status handling in ValidatingCertificate events and ICertificateVerifier interface.
- SSL: Enhanced TLS/SSL version mismatch handling.
- Cryptography: Fixed final empty block handling in Twofish/Blowfish/ArcTwo TransformFinalBlock with PKCS #7 padding.
- Cryptography: SSH and TLS/SSL now use Java-based Diffie-Hellman objects on Xamarin.Android platform to speed up negotiation.
- Core: Fixed end-of-line sequences in LogWriterBase, optimized FileLogWriter.
- Core: Added workaround for broken ASN.1 time values with the second part of "60".
2015-04-15 Version 2015 R3.1 #
(build number 5584)
File Server bugfixes
Two bugs have been fixed in Rebex File Server.
One bug caused errors in WinSCP while uploading files over SFTP, another bug made
it impossible to create files and directories whose names contained whitespaces when
uploading over SCP.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R3.1
- File Server: Fixed SFTP file creation that was not compatible with WinSCP.
- File Server: Fixed SSH packet names in verbose log.
- File Server: Fixed handling of filenames with whitespaces in SCP.
- File Server: Disabled legacy "arcfour" SSH cipher by default.
- SSH: Disabled legacy "arcfour" SSH cipher by default.
- SSH: Fixed a bug that caused an algorithm list set by Settings.SshParameters.SetEncryptionAlgorithms to be ignored in FIPS-compliant mode.
2015-04-08 Version 2015 R3 #
(build number 5577)
New component - Rebex File Server
Rebex File Server is an SFTP, SCP and SSH server library.
It provides secure remote file system access over an SSH channel using the SFTP or SCP protocols
and makes it simple create an SFTP server that can be used by Rebex SFTP or any third-party SFTP, SCP or SSH client.
Supports .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework, Mono, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android. Available as a standalone package or as a part
of Rebex File Transfer Pack, Rebex SSH Pack or Rebex Total Pack.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R3
- All: Fixed Version property of Ftp, Imap, Pop3, Scp, Sftp, Smtp and Ssh classes to return a proper version number. Changed Ftp.Version to a static propery to match the other objects.
- SCP: Added missing Scp.Login(SshGssApiCredentials) method and related events.
- File Server: Initial release.
- Terminal: ScriptEvent.Duration makes it possible to limit the amount of time to wait for a response.
- SSH: Enhanced some authentication error messages.
- SSL: Disabled ciphers based on RC4 to prevend Bar Mitzvah attack on TLS/SSL.
- Cryptography: Enhanced weak signature algorithm detection during certificate validation on Xamarin.iOS.
- Core: Connect methods no longer require FileIOPermission (used to determine the assembly version for a log).
2015-03-17 Version 2015 R2 #
(build number 5555)
This update brings several enhancements and bugfixes.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R2
- SCP: Fixed escaping of round brackets in remote paths.
- Terminal: Fixed Scripting.DetectPrompt logging at Verbose level.
- Terminal: Ssh.Login method can now be called again when authentication fails.
- SSL: Added support for TLS 1.2.
- SSL: Added support for AES ciphers with SHA-256 checksums.
- SSL: Disabled legacy 'exportable' ciphers (by default) to prevent FREAK security exploit.
- Cryptography: Added support for SSLeay private keys with AES-256-CBC encryption.
- Cryptography: Fixed broken HashSize property in SHA-2 CSP on .NET Compact Framework.
2015-02-02 Version 2015 R1 #
(build number 5512)
Support for Xamarin Unified API
Added support for the new Unified API.
This includes unified 32-bit and 64-bit platform support and makes it simple to share code between iOS and Mac.
Complete list of changes of version 2015 R1
- All: Added support for Xamarin.iOS unified API.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.LogChecksums option that makes it easily possible to log checksums of uploaded files.
- SFTP: Fixed listing of root-level wildcard paths.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.CreateSymlink method.
- Terminal: Unified the treatment of TerminalOptions argument in StartVirtualTerminal and StartScripting methods.
- Terminal: Enhanced TerminalScreen.GetRegionText method to work with history buffer as well; added ITerminal.HistoryLength property.
2014-12-18 Version 2014 R3 #
(build number 5466)
UI-less terminal for Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and .NET Compact Framework
Terminal goes mobile. It's now possible to use
UI-less terminal classes on iOS, Android and .NET Compact Framework.
This includes VirtualTerminal, rich scripting API, remote exec, terminal emulation and other features.
Serial port connection support in Terminal Emulation
Terminal emulation features
a new API for connecting to devices via serial RS-232 cable.
Complete list of changes of version 2014 R3
- All: Added more overloads to asynchronous Connect and Login methods.
- All: Removed legacy Connect methods and enumerations from Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android version (should never have been there).
- SFTP: Added workaround for Axway's strangely-behaved SSH_FXP_OPENDIR command.
- SFTP: Added workaround for WS_FTP's problematic SSH_FXP_REALPATH command.
- SFTP: Enhanced SFTP client to work nicely with Rebex File Server.
- Telnet: Added serial port (RS-232) support.
- Telnet: Removed Telnet.StartScripting(string command, ...) method (should never have been there).
- Terminal: Headless terminal emulation now supported on Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and .NET Compact Framework.
- Terminal: Added support for custom screen renderers (IScreen interface).
- Terminal: Added FunctionKey.Tab.
- Terminal: Scripting.DetectPrompt() supports encapsulated prompt in parenthesis.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug in Ssh.StartVirtualTerminal method that can cause a NullReferenceException or invalid initialization of screen resolution.
- Terminal: Terminal in rare cases rendered only first column of the response.
- Terminal: Scripting.DetectPrompt() supports /nPrompt in response to ENTER.
- Terminal: In rare cases cursor had not been rendered.
- Terminal: Added "round arc box" characters support - rendered as "rectangular arc box" characters.
- Terminal: Scripting reading methods does not throw an exception when connection is closed. It is reported as a valid state.
- Terminal: Fixed unwanted sharing of one TerminalPalette instance between two or more TerminalControl controls.
- SSH: Added workaround for wrong SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_PK_OK packet in Cisco SSH.
- SSL: TLS 1.1 is now used by default in TLS/SSL-enabled components. Legacy SSL 3.0 support is disabled by default.
- SSL: Added experimental support for AES and Twofish based anonymous ciphers.
- Cryptography: Fixed SymmetricKeyAlgorithm.Padding for non-CBC modes.
- Cryptography: Added support for base-64 encoded P7B certificate chains.
- Cryptography: Changed padding of parameters exported by DSAManaged.ExportParameters to match DSACryptoServiceProvider.
- Cryptography: Added AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm.PublicOnly property.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for non-working HMACSHA256/384/512 on some FIPS-only systems.
- Cryptography: Added CertificateExtension.EnhancedKeyUsage method Useful when constructing certificate requests using CertificateRequest object.
- Cryptography: Fixed DiffieHellmanManaged.KeySize that sometimes reported shorter bit lengths.
- Cryptography: Several new AsymmetricKeyAlgorithm-based methods added to Certificate and CertificationRequest.
- Core: Added LocalItem.Attributes property.
- Core: PKCS #12 key loading routines changed to not persist keys in Windows key storage by default.
- Core: Added ConsoleLogWriter, a console-based log writer class.
2014-07-03 Version 2014 R2 #
(build number 5298)
New scripting API
Powerful new scripting API makes it much easier to control remote terminals programmatically.
Terminal emulation performance enhancements
The updated TerminalControl is faster and much more responsive.
Complete list of changes of version 2014 R2
- All: Eliminated "Unknown heap type" warnings in Mono.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.DisableRealPathWorkaround option to disable workaround for WS_FTP SSH_FXP_REALPATH bug.
- SFTP: Added workaround for SFTP servers that report duplicate extensions.
- Terminal: Added powerful new scripting API.
- Terminal: Clearing the screen moves its current content to history buffer.
- Terminal: Added TerminalOptions.RemoteCommand to make it possible to launch a command instead of shell.
- Terminal: Substantial performance enhancements in TerminalControl.
- Terminal: Enhanced handling of strange cursor enable mode command.
- Networking: Enhanced logging of failed certificate validation errors.
- Proxy: Fixed ProxySocket's Connect method behavior with disabled timeout.
- SSL: Enhanced TlsVersion and TlsCipherSuite parameters checking.
- SSL: Fixed alert names in TlsException messages.
- Cryptography: Added Load, Save and Generate methods to PrivateKeyInfo and PublicKeyInfo classes.
- Cryptography: Enhanced CertificationRequest class to support request generating in addition to parsing.
- Cryptography: Fixed behavior with disabled UseFipsAlgorithmOnly on FIPS-only systems.
2014-02-26 Version 2014 R1 #
(build number 5171)
This update brings several improvements, workarounds and bugfixes.
Complete list of changes of version 2014 R1
- All: Various small low-level optimizations.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.TreatUnknownItemsAsFiles property (workaround for SFTP serves that return invalid item type values).
- Terminal: Enhanced line characters rendering.
- Terminal: Added support for word/line selection to block selection mode.
- Terminal: Lines with a single character at position 0 are now properly added to history buffer.
- Terminal: Enhanced history buffer behavior when resizing.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused a selection to remain visible after the window content has scrolled and a new selection was made.
- Terminal: Optimizations in escape sequence decoder code.
- Networking: Added static NetworkSession.DefaultLogWriter property to make it easily possible to set a shared log writer for all Ftp/Sftp/Imap/Smtp/Pop3/Scp/Ssh/SshSession objects.
- Proxy: Enhanced logging capabilities of ProxySocket class (Socket4/Socks5 proxies).
- SSH: Added support for SHA-2 (SHA-256 and SHA-512) message authentication codes.
- SSH: Enhanced CTR mode workaround for OpenSSH 4.x.
- SSH: Fixed missing MAC algorithm ID in SshCipher.ToString().
- SSH: Standard form of SSH_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST packets is used with recent OpenSSH servers instead of its legacy form.
- SSL: Added new Certificate-based CertificateRequestHandler.CreateRequestHandler overloads.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in MD5SHA1 signature validation on .NET Compact Framework.
- Cryptography: Fixed AES CSP availability detection in FIPS-compliant mode.
- Cryptography: Fixed sorting of PKCS #7 signature attributes.
- Cryptography: Added support for AES-128-CBC SSLeay private keys.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for certificates and keys in Base64-encoded format ending with a zero octet.
- Core: Assemblies made more obfuscator-friendly.
- Core: Fixed null value comparisons in FileSystemItemComparer.
2013-12-02 Version 2013 R3 #
(build number 5085)
Support for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android
Rebex components now support Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android,
making it possible to target iPad/iPhone and Android devices!
(The only exception is the Terminal Emulation component whose TerminalControl
object relies heavily on Windows Forms and is only available for Windows and Linux
at the moment.)
Support for .NET Compact Framework 3.9
In addition to .NET CF 2.0 and 3.5, we now support .NET CF 3.9 as well.
This makes it possible to target Windows Embedded Compact 2013,
Microsoft's latest incarnation of Window CE.
Assemblies for every supported platform for all
With every purchase, you now get binaries for all supported platforms.
Users with active support contract were upgraded for free.
This will make it easy to embrace the new trends - we offer a single API
that works with .NET, .NET Compact Framework, Mono, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Support for Visual Studio 2013
All Rebex components now ship with full support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
Older Visual Studio versions (2005 and higher) and .NET Framework versions (2.0 and higher)
are still supported as well.
Complete list of changes of version 2013 R3
- All: Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android officially supported in all components except Rebex Terminal Emulation.
- All: .NET Compact Framework 3.9 officially supported.
- All: Visual Studio 2013 officially supported.
- SFTP: SftpBatchTransferException made obsolete (use SftpException instead).
- SFTP: Fixed timeout handling in Sftp.Connect method.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.DisablePathNormalization option.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Setting.RecheckItemExistence option to verify remote item existence before using it.
- SFTP: Fixed assignment of default reaction in response to a problem encountered during Upload/Download methods.
- SCP: Upload and Download methods added to Scp object to replace PutFiles and GetFiles methods.
- SSH Shell: Fixed a bug in Ssh.GetConnectionState() method causing NullReferenceException to be thrown in rare scenario.
- Telnet: Fixed TelnetShellChannel.Poll which used to return NoData too early in some cases.
- Terminal: Added workaround for delayed key events after switching windows.
- Terminal: Added TerminalFontInfo object to make font positioning of TerminalFont more configurable.
- Terminal: Added PuTTY-style doubleclick&drag and tripleclick&drag support.
- Terminal: Added support for extending selection by holding the shift key.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.DataProcessingMode property to replace TerminaProcessingMode.
- Terminal: Improved prompt detection in Shell object.
- Terminal: Added workarounds for badly-positioned fonts (small Consolas and Lucida Console).
- Terminal: Added Copying and Pasting events to TerminalControl.
- Terminal: Block copy to clipboard no longer adds a newline sequence.
- Terminal: Compatibility enhancements in Shell.SendCommand method's long command handling.
- Terminal: Better handling of invalid UTF-8 characters when receiving.
- Terminal: Added support for server requests for CP437 charset usage.
- Terminal: Enhanced session recording (stores information about current charset).
- Terminal: Support for shells which send backspace (\b) characters in command echo added to Shell class.
- Terminal: Empty lines are excluded from prompt-matching in Shell class.
- Terminal: Escape sequences now removed before prompt-matching.
- Terminal: VT52 mode is only detected from TerminalName if TerminalType is set to Ansi.
- Terminal: Enhanced VT100 emulation and added support for custom TAB stops, DECOM and DECALN.
- Terminal: Optimized data sending methods to better handle function keys on Pick terminals.
- Terminal: Enhanced double click (word) selection. Non-letter and non-digit characters except '_', '-', '.' and '/' are no longer treated as word part.
- Networking: On Windows 8 and 8.1, larger TCP receive buffer size is used by default. The default value caused low transfer speeds in many cases with FTP and SFTP.
- Networking: Added IsAuthenticated and IsConnected properties to NetworkSession (Ftp, Sftp, Scp, Imap, Smtp, Pop3, Ssh and SshSession objects).
- Proxy: Added support for digest authentication to HTTP CONNECT proxies.
- Proxy: Fixed ProxySocket.BeginSend and BeginReceived methods which used to fail in some scenarios.
- SSH: Added support for additional formats to SshPublicKey/SshPrivateKey object's SavePublicKey method and SshPublicKey constructor.
- SSH: Enhanced error checking to report a more meaningful error instead of "Invalid decoder state" in case of some connection failures.
- SSH: Enhanced GSSAPI/Kerberos support to be compatible with OpenSSH.
- SSH: Added Kerberos ticket delegation support.
- SSH: Added GSSAPI/Kerberos support to .NET CF version of SSH core.
- Cryptography: Changed Certificate.FindCertificates method not to include subordinate CAs in the search by default.
- Cryptography: Fixed CertificateStore.Exists on non-Windows platforms.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for opening certificate stores in .NET CF that don't exist yet.
- Cryptography: Added workaround for problem with DSA certificate in .PFX importing code on Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
- Cryptography: Added .NET CF support for Certificate.Associate(privateKey, permanentBind)
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.GetAuthorityKeyIdentifier() method.
- Cryptography: Changed SignerInfo and SignerInfo objects to use NULL parameters for hash algorithms (in order to match RSACryptoServiceProvider behavior).
- Core: Added FileLogWriter.Path to replace FileLogWriter.Filename.
- Core: Added LocalItem.ComputeCrc32() method.
- Core: Signed and encrypted message parsing made more compatible with broken messages.
2013-08-20 Version 2013 R2 #
(build number 4981)
Terminal Emulation component supports both Telnet and SSH transport layers
Our two terminal emulation components Rebex Telnet and Rebex SSH Shell were merged into a single product
called Rebex Terminal Emulation. The API has stayed the same. All users with active support contract
were upgraded for free.
Complete list of changes of version 2013 R2
- Terminal: Fixed screen clearing with non-default background color.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug in TerminalFont.Dispose that used to dispose static brushes.
- Terminal: Added Shell.LastMatchedPrompt property.
- Networking: Added support for IPv6 hostnames with zone IDs.
- SSL: Added workaround for MS FTP's TLS 1.1 bug in close_notify handling.
2013-07-29 Version 2013 R1 #
(build number 4959)
Official support for Mono
All Rebex components now officially support Mono, an open source, cross-platform, implementation
of C# and the CLR that is binary compatible with Microsoft.NET. The same assemblies that work
on Windows now work on Mono in Linux or Apple's OS X as well.
Terminal emulation enhancements
TerminalControl got better Ctrl+key, Alt+key and Ctrl+Alt+key support. It now also works with
both singlebyte and multibyte charsets (previously, the only supported multibyte charset was UTF-8).
We increased the maximum history length and enhanced copy-to-clipboard code to omit end-of-line sequences in wrapped text.
Complete list of changes of version 2013 R1
- All: Added support for Mono.
- All: Fixed finalizers that used to call state-changed events in some cases.
- SFTP: GetItems now returns links instead of resolved items.
- SFTP: Sftp.Settings.RestoreDateTime now applies to PutFile and GetFile methods as well.
- SFTP: Fixed handling of broken links when deleting.
- SFTP: Added default error messages for SFTP v4 errors.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.TimeComparisonGranularity property.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Setting.DisableFxpStatWorkaround property.
- SFTP: Fixed FingerprintCheck, BannerReceived and AuthenticateRequest events in Sftp and Scp.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.KeepAlive() method.
- SFTP: Sftp.GetConnectionState() method made more reliable.
- SFTP: When using TransferMethod.Move, only successfully transferred files are deleted.
- SFTP: Fixed SftpItem.Name to return "/" instead of "" for the root folder.
- SFTP: Fixed two event calls in file listing methods that did not use the proper synchronization context.
- SFTP: GetList and GetInfo return a path in the Path property.
- SFTP: Added support for restoring creation date/time on upload.
- SFTP: Enhanced multi-file operation logging.
- SFTP: Added FileSystemItemComparer to replace FtpItemComparer and SftpItemComparer.
- SFTP: Multi-file operations fixed to work properly with '.'-based FileSets.
- SFTP: Several options shared by Ftp and Sftp objects added to IFtpSettings.
- SFTP: Fixed Delete("dir/.") that used to delete "dir" as well.
- SSH Shell: Shell object returned by Ssh.StartShell is initialized with Ssh.Encoding property.
- SSH Shell: Added missing ProxySocketException handling to Ssh.Connect().
- Telnet: Added TelnetTerminalControl.ConnectAsync().
- Terminal: Custom-drawn underlines now used for small fonts.
- Terminal: Fixed behavior of the SelectGraphicRendition1 option.
- Terminal: Added support for wrapped text selection copying.
- Terminal: Added support for various Ctrl+key, Alt+key and Ctrl+Alt+key combinations.
- Terminal: Added FunctionKey.Enter.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.Scroll(int rows) method.
- Terminal: Better exception handling in TerminalControl.Send.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.BindAsync method and fixed argument check in TerminalControl.Bind method.
- Terminal: Enhanced argument checks in VirtualTerminal.Expect method.
- Terminal: Fixed TerminalControl.SetSelection method to ensure all selections are within the screen (and history) boundaries.
- Terminal: Fixed key handling for Portuguese keyboard (Brazil ABNT2).
- Terminal: TerminalControl.HistoryMaxLength increased to 99999.
- Terminal: Added support for all multibyte charsets.
- Terminal: Missing end-of-line sequence added to TerminalScreen.WriteLine(object) method.
- Terminal: Added TerminalScreen.MoveBufferArea() method.
- Terminal: Support for MikroTik added to Shell object.
- Terminal: Palette and color scheme changes clear brush cache.
- Proxy: Added support for HTTP CONNECT proxy communication logging.
- SSH: Fixed SshException.Data["ProtocolCode"] and .Data["ProtocolMessage"] values.
- SSH: Added verbose logging of raw data during welcome message exchange.
- SSL: SslInsertEmptyFragments property added to SslSettings.
- SSL: Fixed null TlsParameters.Certificate handling in server-side TlsSocket.
- Cryptography: Added support for anyExtendedKeyUsage attribute (in X509 certificates).
- Cryptography: Added DiffieHellmanCryptoServiceProvider class.
- Cryptography: Added PrivateKeyFormat.RawPkcs8 format for PrivateKeyInfo.Save and PrivateKeyInfo.Encode methods.
- Cryptography: RSAManaged.VerifyHash returns false on error.
- Cryptography: Fixed ArcTwoTransform to treat EffectiveKeySize of 0 as "current KeySize".
- Cryptography: HMAC fixed to use block length of 128 for algorithms with hashes larger than 256 bits.
- Cryptography: Fixed certificate verification to better handle server certificate with missing common name (used to throw NullReferenceException).
- Cryptography: Fixed handle leak in CertificateStore constructor.
- Core: Enhanced workaround for Stream.Seek on .NET CF.
- Core: FileLogWriter enhanced to log assembly version when opening log file.
- Core: Added missing PublicKeyInfo() constructor.
- Core: Added FileSet.ContainingDirectoriesIncluded option.
- Core: Added workaround for instances of FileStream that return "[Unknown]" name.
- Core: EncodingTools support IBM437 charset on all platforms.
- Core: Added CertificateFindOptions.None.
- Core: Added FileSystemItemCollection.UsePath property.
2012-11-12 Version 2012 R3 #
(build number 4700)
Official support for Visual Studio 2012
All Rebex components now ship with full support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
Samples and tutorials were updated for a new project file format.
Older Visual Studio and .NET Framework versions are still supported too.
Task-based asynchronous methods
The major change is the addition of new Task-based asynchronous methods to .NET 4.0/4.5 variant of our components.
This brings our API up-to-date with the current trends and makes it possible to utilize the new await keyword available in .NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 2012.
Finally, asynchronous programming became easy and seamless.
Check out some of the updated samples to see this in action!
Events now using SynchronizationContext
Previously, events raised by asynchronous methods were running in a background thread, making them hard to use in GUI applications.
Now, events are raised using the SynchronizationContext captured when the asynchronous method was started,
which basically means the events will run on application's GUI thread, making it possible to update application's controls directly from the event code.
Complete list of changes of version 2012 R3
- All: Added .NET 4.x-style task-based asynchronous methods to objects previously using .NET 1.x-style Begin/End asynchronous pattern.
- All: Asynchronous method events are raised using the current synchronization context for the asynchronous operation.
- All: Added options to force the old-style event behavior (not using the current synchronization context).
- All: Added Rebex.Legacy namespace to .NET 4.x builds to allow compiling code that uses old-style asynchronous methods.
- All: Added official support for Visual Studio 2012.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings.RestoreDateTime property to make it possible to restore source date/time on target.
- SFTP: Removed unused SftpBatchTransferOperation.FileDataBlockProcessed value.
- SFTP: Changed Sftp.PutFile(..., string, long, long) behavior to truncate remote path when zero remote offset is specified (corresponds to Sftp.PutFile(..., string) behavior). Added Sftp.Settings.DisablePutFileZeroOffsetTruncate option to force old behavior.
- SFTP: Fixed ActionOnExistingFiles.ResumeIfPossible behavior to skip existing files if already transferred.
- SFTP: Multi-file operation events always report absolute paths.
- SFTP: Enhanced source path checking in multi-file operations.
- SFTP: Fixed argument checks in GetStream/GetUploadStream/GetDownloadStream methods.
- SFTP: Added Rename value to ActionOnExistingFiles enum (used in Upload/Download methods).
- SFTP: Events Traversing, TransferProgressChanged, DeleteProgressChanged and ProblemDetected added into Sftp to make it possible to get notified about significant actions and to be able to react to a problem in multi-file operations.
- SCP: Added connected-check to Scp object methods.
- SCP: Changed default SCP upload packet size from 32KB to 8KB (the former size was too big for some servers).
- SCP: Added workaround for SCP in OpenSSH 4.x that doesn't accept quoted paths.
- Terminal: Added VT52 terminal emulation support.
- Terminal: Added LightBackColor value into BlinkingText enum.
- Terminal: Added support for 'CSI 1 m' sequence.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that occasionally caused an exception to be thrown when scrolling using the scrollbar.
- Terminal: Fixed socket error handling in client-side keyboard and mouse methods.
- Terminal: Enhanced TerminalControl responsiveness under heavy load.
- Terminal: Compatibility enhancement for the Shell class in ShellMode.Prompt.
- Terminal: Added support for 'insertion replacement mode' ('CSI 4 h')
- Networking: NetworkSessionException is now the base class for all network protocol exceptions.
- Networking: Task-based asynchronous methods added to IFtp interface.
- Networking: Removed several Socket.Available calls, resulting in higher speed and Windows Azure compatibility.
- Networking: Events Traversing, TransferProgressChanged, DeleteProgressChanged and ProblemDetected added into IFtp to make it possible to get notified about significant actions and to be able to react to a problem in multi-file operations.
- SSH: Better error message for unsuccessful keyboard-interactive fallback workaround.
- SSH: Enhanced "Invalid decoder state" error reporting.
- SSH: Added support for diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256 key exchange algorithm.
- SSH: Added SshPublicKey class, SshSession.ServerKey property and FingerprintCheck.ServerKey property (to make it possible to determine server host key in addition to fingerprint).
- SSL: Fixed a bug in server-side TLS/SSL that caused it to fail when session resuming was enabled.
- SSL: Fixed TlsException serialization that failed for some errors.
- SSL: Fixed a bug that caused problems with TLS/SSL in FIPS-only mode.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in TransformFinalBlock method of Rebex.Security.Cryptography ciphers that caused interoperability issues with CryptoStream.
- Cryptography: Fixed PKCS#7 padding check in built-in ciphers.
- Cryptography: Added EncodingTools class that adds support for all the charsets needed on all platforms.
- Cryptography: Added auto-detection of a bug in unpatched .NET 3.5's AesCryptoServiceProvider object.
- Cryptography: Implicit ObjectIdentifier(string) constructor added.
- Cryptography: Fixed CryptoHelper.CreateAlgorithm to return CSP version of SHA-2 hash algorithms when available.
- Cryptography: Fixed CertificateFinder property behavior to keep old certificates if no certificates are found by the new finder.
- Cryptography: Server certificate verification routine now allows certificates with '*.domain.net' names to be used for 'domain.net' in addition to '*.domain.net'.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in private key decryption routine which failed with keys encrypted with PKCS #12 key derivation algorithm.
- Core: Fixed P/Invokes in NTLM/Kerberos code.
- Core: AddRange method added to file item collections.
- Core: FIPS 140-2 compliant mode enhancements.
- Core: Fixed certificate validation issue on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
- Core: Added Certificate.Thumbprint property.
- Core: Fixed a bug in certificate chain building routine that caused it to ignore additional stores in some cases.
2012-06-11 Version 2012 R2 #
(build number 4546)
Client certificate authentication in SFTP & SSH
Although SFTP/SSH usually use password-based or public-key-based authentication,
some servers support X509 client certificate authentication as well.
Unfortunately, not all servers support this, and those which do use a variety of different protocol extensions to achieve it.
In this release, we have added client certificate authentication compatible with VanDyke VShell server. If it doesn't work with your server, please let us know.
Complete list of changes of version 2012 R2
- SFTP: Added support for POSIX rename ('firstname.lastname@example.org' extension).
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in Sftp.GetFiles which caused an ArgumentOutOfRangeException on some servers.
- SFTP: SftpItem uses UTC time for range checks (previously there were problems with times close to 1970-01-01).
- SFTP: Added Download/Upload(string, string) method overload.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.GetItems(string, ...) methods.
- SSH Shell: Shell.ReadAll() modified to make it possible to return the welcome message in SshShell.Prompt mode as well (just like in Rebex Telnet).
- Terminal: Better error recovery on invalid escape sequences.
- Terminal: SuppressAltAsMenuKey and SuppressShortcutKeys properties added to the TerminalControl to specify how to handle input keystrokes.
- Terminal: Added support for 'window title' and 'icon name' actions to ActionRequested events.
- Terminal: Better Alt-Gr key handling.
- Terminal: Added workaround for Clipboard errors.
- Terminal: Fixed TerminalControl.SetScreenSize method (did not work with AutoAdjustTerminalSize set to false).
- Networking: UseLargeBuffers option added into IFtpSettings.
- SSH: Added SshPrivateKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm) constructor that makes it possible to initialize it from RSACryptoServiceProvider/DSACryptoServiceProvider (useful for SmartCard-based keys).
- SSH: Fixed wrong handling of large remote SSH channel window sizes (used by mod_sftp server).
- SSH: Client certificate authentication added (compatible with VanDyke VShell server).
- SSH: ZLIB support announced even when not preferred (without that, we were unable to connect to servers that refuse uncompressed sessions).
- SSH: Fixed a bug that causes a misleading error to be reported on immediately-closed connections.
- SSH: Added workaround for mod_sftp/0.9.7 which occasionally produces broken DSA signatures.
- SSL: Fixed a misleading error message which was reported when certificate revocation status could not be checked.
- SSL: When ProtocolVersion error occurs, data received prior to it is logged.
- Cryptography: Fixed local/UTC time comparison in Certificate.IsTimeValid.
- Cryptography: Added implicit conversion between Certificate object and X509Certificate/X509Certificate2 objects.
- Cryptography: Enhanced compatibility with Mono on non-Windows platforms - Certificate validation now works!
- Cryptography: Support for saving .PFX/.P12 files added to Certificate.Save method.
- Cryptography: Added new overloads of Certificate.Associate that make it possible to permanently bind the private key to the certificate.
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.FriendlyName property.
- Cryptography: Fixed Certificate.SignHash method which used to fail on .NET 2.0 when an associated key was used for MD5SHA1 signature generation.
- Cryptography: Fixed MD5Managed.HashSize property which used to return 0.
- Cryptography: Certificate.HasPrivateKey code in .NET CF version changed to behave identically to .NET version.
- Core: Added FileSet.Flatten option (makes it possible to ignore source directory structure and copy all files into single target directory).
- Core: Enhanced error reporting of file-path-based methods.
- Core: Added LocalItem and LocalItemCollection classes (used by FileSet.GetLocalItems method).
2012-03-01 Version 2012 R1 #
(build number 4444)
Components DLLs have been renamed
We found out that the DLL naming scheme we decided to use back in 2003 was no longer sustainable and decided to change it.
we now have
Most of the other DLLs were renamed as well during the process (
Rebex.Ftp.dll, for example).
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but an alternative solution - introduction of a new DLL for shared functionality - would not be hassle-free either.
Fortunately, in order to upgrade to the new version, most customers will only need to remove references to the old DLLs and add references to the new ones because the API is still backward-compatible.
New multi-file methods in Rebex SFTP and FTP/SSL
FTP/SSL and SFTP got several new methods: Upload, Download, Delete and GetItems.
The first two are replacements for PutFiles/GetFiles (and support move operation in addition to copy),
Delete makes it possible to delete multiple files (or even a directory tree) at once
and GetItems makes it possible to retrieve a list of files for the whole directory tree in one call.
Faster Blowfish and Twofish algorithms for Rebex SFTP and Rebex SSH Shell
Bruce Schneier's Blowfish and Twofish symmetric encryption algorithms are a popular choice for SSH communication encryption.
Although we have been already supporting both for a few years, we developed a new managed implementation that is substantially faster than the old one.
Complete list of changes of version 2012 R1
- All: SecurityRuleSet.Level2 is used for .NET 4.0 binaries.
- All: Added a Stream.Flush() call after each Stream.Seek() or Stream.Position call in .NET Compact Framework (workaround for .NET CF FileStream bug).
- SFTP: Auto-resume capability added for PutFiles/GetFiles methods.
- SFTP: Added workarounds for another SFTP server where SSH_FXP_STAT and SSH_FXP_REALPATH commands (used by many Rebex SFTP methods) don't always work (for aliased directories, for example).
- SFTP: Added workaround for ChangeDirectory problems with WS_FTP server.
- SFTP: OpenSSH on a Unix-like OS is now detected properly.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in PutFiles method that caused incorrect behavior when a root-based masked path was specified.
- SFTP: Changing Sftp's or Scp's LogWriter now changes the underlying SshSession's LogWriter as well.
- SFTP: Added SftpOptions.UseSmallPackets option that reportedly solves speed issues in some rare circumstances.
- SFTP: It's now possible to call Sftp.Login again if it fails.
- SFTP: Added TryPasswordFirst option to try "password" authentication first and "publickey" later (by default, the opposite order is used).
- SFTP: New values related to Upload, Download, Delete and GetItems methods added to SftpBatchTransferOperation enum.
- SFTP: String comparison methods use StringComparison.Ordinal.
- SFTP: New Download, Upload, Delete and GetItems methods added to Sftp object (along with associated enums and classes).
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Settings property that replaces and extends Sftp.Options.
- SFTP: Sftp object implements IFtp interface to make it easier to write code which works with both FTP and SFTP.
- SFTP: Multi-file operations optimized by omitting existence check of items found during the operation.
- SSH Shell: Changing Ssh's LogWriter now changes the underlying SshSession's LogWriter as well.
- Telnet: Setting Telnet.LogWriter applies to existing TelnetChannel instances as well.
- Telnet: Better error handling in TelnetTerminalControl.Connect method.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.MouseSelectionCopiesToClipboard property.
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.SelectionChanged event.
- Terminal: TerminalControl now works in Linux under Mono.
- Terminal: Added TerminalCell.Blink property.
- Terminal: Oversized scroll region escape sequences are now clipped instead of ignored.
- Terminal: Fixed processing of CSI escape sequences with Extended Leading Intermediate.
- Terminal: Added FunctionKeys.Escape and FunctionKeys.Backspace to simplify sending these keys using TerminalControl's or VirtualTerminal's SendToServer method.
- Terminal: Added Disconnected event to VirtualTerminal
- Terminal: ProcessingError event is correctly called when an error occured while in automatic processing mode.
- Networking: Socket.NoDelay is used by default in non-CF version of Rebex components.
- SSH: Fixed error handling in SshSession.OpenTcpIpTunnel method that caused troubles when multiple channels were active at the same time.
- SSH: SshChannel no longer attempts to adjust window size after the channel has been closed.
- SSL: Fixed non-working TlsSocket.BeginSend and BeginReceive methods.
- Cryptography: Faster Blowfish and Twofish algorithms.
- Cryptography: SubjectPublicKeyInfo.Load method now supports binary keys.
- Cryptography: Removed lots of CryptoApi dependencies from Certificate code.
- Cryptography: 4096-bit DSA keys (used by some SSH servers) are no longer rejected.
- Cryptography: Diffie-Hellman and DSA algorithms fall back to managed ModPow calculation on .NET CF with missing "Enhanced DSA and Diffie-Hellman" CSPs.
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.Associate(PrivateKeyInfo) method.
- Cryptography: Certificates associated with a private key using Associate method now support MD5SHA1 hash algorithm and suitable for TLS/SSL client certificate authentication.
- Core: Fixed a bug in TraceLogWriter that caused an additional newline to be written at the end of each message.
- Core: Added FileSystemItem and FileSystemItemCollection classes.
- Core: Better readability in Verbose-level logs.
- Core: Thread ID added to all log messages.
2011-03-09 Version 1.0.4086.0 #
(build number 4086)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.4086.0
- Terminal: HistoryMaxLength property added to TerminalControl.
- Terminal: Added regular-expression-based VirtualTerminal.Expect method.
- Terminal: Prompt doesn't have to be set when a question prompt is specified in a ReadLine/ReadAll call.
- Terminal: Shell class in ShellMode.Prompt works with *BSD now.
- SSH Core: Added workaround for old SSH servers that miscalculate HMAC-SHA1 keys.
- SSH Core: Added SshParameters.AuthenticationMethods to make it possible to only enable desired authentication methods.
- SSH Core: SendEof method added to SshChannel to make it possible to achieve plink-like functionality.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in SSH channel window size adjustment code which could cause a timeout on servers which send oversized packets.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug that prevented SSH key renegotiation requests from being processed, resulting in a timeout.
- SSH Core: Abort flag checking messages removed from Debug log.
2011-02-11 Version 1.0.4060.0 #
(build number 4060)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.4060.0
- SFTP: Bandwidth throttling support in Rebex SFTP through Sftp object's MaxUploadSpeed/MaxDownloadSpeed properties.
- SFTP: SetFileDateTime in SFTP v4 is now compatible with WS_FTP.
- SFTP: Sftp object's AbortTransfer method now properly cancels operations that are just about to start as well.
- SFTP: Added SftpItemComparer class to ease sorting of SftpItemCollection items.
- SFTP: Added workarounds to Sftp.GetStream method SFTP servers that don't support the Append mode.
- SFTP: BytesTotal and ProgressPercentage properties added to Sftp.TransferProgress event arguments.
- SFTP: Added workarounds for several SFTP servers where SSH_FXP_STAT and SSH_FXP_REALPATH commands (used by many Rebex SFTP methods) don't always work (for aliased directories, for example).
- SFTP: Sftp.PutFiles method (in ThrowExceptionOnLinks mode) correctly detects the links in Windows 7 which were not detected previously.
- SFTP: Added a workaround for SFTP server that sent duplicate filenames in their listings.
- SCP: GetFiles and PutFiles methods added to Scp object to make it possible to transfer multiple files or a whole directory tree in one call.
- Terminal: During Select Character Set control sequence, character set is immediately invoked into GL.
- Terminal: Added support for Pick terminals.
- Terminal: Added ActionRequested event to TerminalControl and VirtualTerminal objects to make it possible to handle action requests from the server.
- Terminal: CursorText and CursorMouse properties added to TerminalControl object.
- Terminal: Added terminal function keys support for HP-UX.
- Terminal: BlinkingText option added into TerminalOptions.
- ProxySocket: Added a new ILogWriter implementation that logs all messages to .NET's System.Diagnostics.Trace.
- Cryptography: Added a new overload of SshPrivateKey.Save to make it possible to save keys in SSLEay/OpenSSH format (in addition to PuTTY .ppk and PKCS #8 formats).
- Cryptography: Added CertificateChain.Save method to save the chain in .p7b format.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in DistinguishedName object that caused the elements of string representation of DNs to be reversed.
- Cryptography: Added CryptoHelper.ForceManagedAes flag as a workaround to .NET's leaking AesCryptoServiceProvider.
- SSH Core: AuthenticationRequest event added to make it possible to deal with all kinds of "keyboard-interactive" authentication prompts.
- SSH Core: Fixed a possible race condition that might have occurred when using the same SshSession instance from multiple threads.
- SSH Core: Enhanced automated "keyboard-interactive" authentication to support more variants of password prompt.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in ZLIB decompression routines.
- SSH Core: SshSession.Encoding property added.
- SSH Core: Added SshOptions.WaitForServerWelcomeMessage option.
- SSH Core: Updated SFTP to detect, read and skip unexpected malformed packets which used to throw a "Message with invalid length xxx was received." exception when trying to login.
2010-07-20 Version 1.0.3854.0 #
(build number 3854)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3854.0
- SFTP: Added Sftp.GetStream method that makes it possible to open a readable/writable/seekable stream of a remote file.
- SFTP: Sftp class inherits from NetworkSession base class that implements some common properties.
- SFTP: Added SftpOption.UseReadWriteModeForDownloads.
- SFTP: Added ProtocolVersion property to Sftp class.
- SFTP: SftpItemCollection.GetEnumerator is now an implementation of IEnumerable<SftpItem>.
- SFTP: Fixed a DateTime range check in SftpAttributes.Modified and .Created which was performed before the conversion to UTC.
- SFTP: Better error handling in GetFiles/PutFiles methods.
- SSH Shell: Ssh class inherits from NetworkSession base class that implements some common properties.
- Terminal: Added new SendToServer method overload to TerminalControl and VirtualTerminal that makes it possible to easily simulate function keys.
- Terminal: New BreakSequence option added to TerminalOptions.
- SSH Core: In FIPS-only mode, a CryptoAPI implementation of AES is used if available.
- SSH Core: Added support for aes*-ctr and 3des-ctr ciphers.
- SSH Core: SshSession class inherits from NetworkSession base class that implements some common properties.
- SSH Core: SshChannel.ExtendedDataReceived event added to make it possible to receive extended data.
2010-05-20 Version 1.0.3793.0 #
(build number 3793)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3793.0
- All: Packages for .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 now available.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug that caused "/" local path argument of PutFiles/GetFiles methods to be treated as current directory.
- SFTP: Added Sftp.Bind and Scp.Bind method to make it possible to bind the SFTP or SCP object to existing SSH session.
- SFTP: A full local path is passed in SftpBatchTransferProgressEventArgs.
- SFTP: SftpTransferProgressEventArgs now contain RemotePath and LocalPath when available.
- SFTP: SftpBatchTransferException is now serializable.
- SFTP: Queued data packets are no longer written to the output stream after download operation has been aborted.
- SSH Shell: Added experimental support for CSH to Shell class.
- SSH Shell: Added Ssh.Bind method to make it possible to bind the Ssh object to an existing SSH session.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused cursor to be redrawn incorrectly in some cases.
- SSH Core: Added a workaround for a server that announces support for "password" authentication but requires "keyboard-interactive" instead.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in ZLIB compression routines that caused compatibility problems with GlobalScape and BitVise servers when compression was enabled.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug that caused SSH session to hang if a broken (incomplete) SSH packet arrived (rare).
2010-03-11 Version 1.0.3723.0 #
(build number 3723)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3723.0
- SFTP: A more meaningful exception is thrown when a directory path is passed to Sftp.GetFile method instead of file path.
- SFTP: Added support for getting and setting file creating date (only works with servers that support SFTP v4).
- SFTP: Fixed SSH_FXP_READ packet logging code that caused some packets not to appear in the communication log.
- SFTP: Added a workaround for servers where SSH_FXP_STAT command doesn't work correctly on directories.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in GetFile method that caused it to hang if length was specified.
- SFTP: Added SftpBatchTransferOptions.XCopy batch transfer mode. This is an alternative form of FtpBatchTransferOptions.Recursive that traverses all subdirectories but only transfers files that match the specified mask.
- SFTP: Fixed PutFiles method to accept all kinds of root paths (such as "c:", "c:/", or "c:\" - previously, only "c:\." worked).
- SFTP: SftpTransferProgressEventArgs.BytesPerSecond property added that contains the estimated current speed.
- SFTP: HierarchyRetrieve events are no longer raised when only a single file is transferred.
- SFTP: Added experimental SftpOptions.UseLargeBuffers to use larger internal buffers (doesn't seem to make substantial difference on most systems).
- SFTP: Data-block-receiving routines optimized to write directly to the output stream without a round-trip through a temporary buffer.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug that made it impossible to call Sftp.GetFiles method on a root directory.
- SFTP: Sftp.TransferProgress event is called less often on high-speed connections now (several times per second is sufficient).
- SSH Shell: Added Terminal.GetSelectedText method to make it possible to retrieve the currently selected text.
- SSH Shell: Ssh.Login method now accepts empty usernames.
- SSH Shell: SshTerminalControl.LogWriter property added to make logging easier.
- Telnet: TelnetTerminalControl.LogWriter property added to make logging easier.
- Telnet: Fixed a bug that caused Telnet.SetSocketFactory method not to work.
- Terminal: Instances of Shell class returned from Ssh.StartShell i Prompt mode now refuse to work if the prompt was not set.
- Terminal: SshShell instances returned by Ssh.StartCommand no longer stop on prompt-like text when ReadAll is called.
- Terminal: Added TerminalPalette.Sco palette.
- Terminal: Changed TerminalControl.Save and VirtualTerminal.Save in ANSI mode to not write the final <CR><LF> sequence.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug in "CSI 0 J" escape sequence interpreter that caused the whole line to be cleared (instead of only a part of it).
- Terminal: TerminalOptions.PersistColorsOnSgr added to make it possible to specify whether "CSI 0 m" escape sequence (default rendition) whould reset colors as well.
- Terminal: TerminalScreen.GetRegion and TerminalScreen.GetRegionText methods added to make it easily possible to retrieve a part of the screen content.
- Terminal: Block selection mode added (accessible through TerminalControl.SelectionMode property or using the Ctrl key).
- Terminal: Added TerminalControl.MousePasteEnabled to make it possible to disable automated paste on right mouse button click.
- Terminal: Terminal emulator now supports CSI 10, CSI 11 and CSI 12 escape sequences.
- Terminal: Added SendToserver(byte) method to TerminalControl and VirtualTerminal classes.
- Terminal: Added experimental support for Wyse 60 terminals.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that occasionally caused InvalidOperationException to be thrown on disconnected channels.
- Terminal: Added support for CFT and CBT escape sequences to terminal emulator.
- Terminal: New overload of TerminalScreen.Clear method added to make it possible to clear the history buffer as well.
- Terminal: Redefined background color in custom color scheme mode is now applied to all parts of the terminal screen.
- ProxySocket: The underscore character is now allowed in hostnames (this is non-standard, but used by Windows).
- ProxySocket: FileLogWriter is capable of logging into a single file from multiple applications now.
- ProxySocket: ProxySocket.Send behavior changed to always send all the data or fail.
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.LoadDerWithKey method to make it possible to easily load certificates with private keys in external file (Unix-style).
- Cryptography: Support for PKCS #7 EnvelopedData encrypted using RC2 with effective key length not equal to key data length.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in EnvelopedData class that cause a NullReferenceException to be raised when unsupported encryption algorithm is encoutered.
- Cryptography: Internal ModPow method optimized.
- Cryptography: Key generation support removed from RSAManaged a DSAManaged. No part of any of our components ever used it at it was prohibitively slow anyway.
- SSH Core: Added SshFingerprint.Compute and SshFingerprint.FromBase64String methods to make it possible to easily calculate a fingerprint of the supplied public key.
- SSH Core: ZLIB compression is now switched off by default (caused problems with some servers).
- SSH Core: Client KEX_INIT packet is sent without waiting for the server side one (this is the only proper behavior).
- SSH Core: Added SshSession.KeepAlive method to make it possible to periodically "ping" the SSH connection to keep it working and detect failures.
2009-10-27 Version 1.0.3588.0 #
(build number 3588)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3588.0
- SFTP: SFTP v4 support added.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in CreateDirectory/ChangeDirectory workaround for CoreFTP.
- SFTP: Added workaround for ProFTPd's mod_sftpd SSH_FXP_REALPATH command that fails for newly created directories.
- SSH Shell: Added workaround for SSH packets 101 that some SSH servers were observed to use.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused Disconnect event not to be raised when some types of connection failures occured.
- Terminal: TerminalControl now correctly resizes itself when hosted in WPF.
- ProxySocket: Proxy object now has Encoding property that makes it possible to specify character set to be used for parsing server responses.
- ProxySocket: ProxySocketException.ErrorCode property now returns HTTP and Socket4/Socks5 error codes when available.
- ProxySocket: SspiAuthentication and GssApiProvider classes added that provide GSSAPI/SSPI functionality.
- Cryptography: Certificate's CRL distribution point list can be accessed using GetCrlDistributionPoints method.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in ArcFour cipher implementation that made it unusable.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug that caused an SSH welcome message to be parsed incorrectly when split accross multiple packets.
- SSH Core: Added support for ZLIB transfer compression.
2009-07-15 Version 1.0.3484.0 #
(build number 3484)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3484.0
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in GSSAPI authentication that caused it to work improperly in 32bit .NET Framework.
2009-07-10 Version 1.0.3479.0 #
(build number 3479)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3479.0
- SFTP: IEnumerable<T> support added to collections for .NET 2.0 and higher.
- SSH Shell: Added support for break request defined by RFC 4335.
- SSH Shell: Added Shell.GetExitCode method to make it possible to retrieve process exit code (if available).
- Terminal: Fixed bad exception message in TerminalControl.Bind method.
- Terminal: TerminalOptions serialization fixed to work correctly with serialized data from older releases.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug in the logging code for SshChannel.SetTerminalSize method.
- Cryptography: .PFX/P12 private key file loading support for Windows Mobile 5 and newer.
- Cryptography: Added support for signatures based on SHA-2 (SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512).
- Cryptography: If .NET 3.5 is available, a new and much faster AES implementation is used instead of RijndaelManaged.
- Cryptography: Behavior of certificate finders in CMS/PKCS #7 was enhanced - embedded certificates are always searched now.
- SSH Core: Support for GSSAPI authentication (gssapi-with-mic) added. Kerberos (not on .NET CF) and NTLM mechanisms are supported. MS SSPI is used as an underlying authentication provider.
- SSH Core: SshFingerprint class extended to support multiple hash algorithms.
- SSH Core: Added BannerReceived event that ca be used to receive banner messages sent by the server.
- SSH Core: Added FingerprintCheck event as an alternative way to check server fingerprint.
- SSH Core: Support for authentication using both username/password and public key at the same time made compatible with Maverick SSHD server.
2009-05-20 Version 1.0.3428.0 #
(build number 3428)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3428.0
- SFTP: Added support for transfer compression through a plugged-in library.
- SFTP: Upload and download speed enhanced a lot using the pipelining approach.
- SFTP: UTF-8 encoding is used by default for WS_FTP server.
- SFTP: Upload and download buffer size changed from 32K to 28K because the original size resulted in two packets being sent.
- SFTP: Fixed a misleading error message that occurs when both password and public key authentication is required by the server but the clients only supply one of the credentials.
- SFTP: Added several workarounds for CoreFTP server's SFTP implementation that suffers from numerous bugs such as missing file attributes or half-working SSH_FXP_REALPATH command.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in GetFiles and PutFiles method that caused a wrong path to be used when a filename only was specified or when a root path was specified.
- SCP: Compatibility enhancements in Scp object's PutFile method.
- SCP: Added a workaround for Bitvise's SCP that closes the SCP channel too early.
- Terminal: Poll method added into IShellChannel.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused the Enter key not to be echoed when local echo is on.
- SSH Core: Added FIPS 140-2 compliant mode that is automatically enabled on systems where only compliant algorithms are allowed.
- SSH Core: Added a new exception status - PasswordChangeRequired - that is used when a password change is required before authentication can be successfully completed.
2009-02-14 Version 1.0.3333.0 #
(build number 3333)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3333.0
- SFTP: Detection of GlobalScape server enhanced to properly detect more versions.
- SCP: Scp.Logger renamed to Scp.LogWriter to match the other objects including Sftp.
- SCP: Fixed improper handling of the first success response.
- SSH Shell: Shell.Close method added to make it possible to gracefully close an SSH shell session.
- Terminal: Added a variant of Shell.SendCommand method that makes it possible to send 'invisible' data such as passwords.
- Terminal: Prompt-matching in Shell class changed to make it possible to match beginning of a line.
- ProxySocket: Fixed a bug in Socks4/Socks5 proxy code that made it impossible to use FTP in active mode with these proxies.
- Cryptography: CertificateStore.FindCertificate overloads that accept DistinguishedName now search for certificates signed by intermediate CAs as well.
- Cryptography: Enhanced treatment of empty passwords in the PFX loader.
- Cryptography: Certificates with SubjectAlternativeName extension marked as critical are now treated as not having any e-mail address assigned to them if no e-mail address is found in the extension data.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in DiffeHellmanManaged.ImportParameters method that made it impossible to import key with all parameters filled.
- SSH Core: Banner message is now logged when using the LogWriter functionality.
- SSH Core: Added workaround for badly-formed DSA signature produced by SSH Secure Shell 3.1.0 (and possibly other versions).
- SSH Core: Added a workaround to the Compact Framework version for VanDyke VShell server that sends primes that are one bit longer than expected.
2009-01-12 Version 1.0.3300.0 #
(build number 3300)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3300.0
- SFTP: Added PutFiles and GetFiles method to make it possible to transfer multiple files easily by transferring a whole directory tree or use wildcards.
- SFTP: Setting ServerType property to Unix now causes '\' not to be treated as a directory separator for the remote server.
- SFTP: A better exception is now thrown by a method that has been terminated by calling Dispose from another thread.
- SFTP: Packages for .NET Compact Framework 3.5 added.
- SFTP: Asynchronous operations now use a thread pool.
- SFTP: Asynchronous method threads are now named.
- SCP: Added Scp class to make it possible to transfer files using the legacy SCP protocol.
- SSH Shell: Added scroll-back buffer support.
- SSH Shell: Asynchronous operations now use a thread pool.
- SSH Shell: Asynchronous method threads are now named.
- Terminal: Added Expect method to make scripting possible
- Terminal: Added drawing routines for most box-drawing and block element characters that are either not present or improperly drawn in majority of fonts.
- Terminal: Added custom palette support.
- Terminal: Added support for custom color schemes to TerminalOptions class.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused an extra column to appear in a newly-created terminal control.
- Terminal: Added support for 'ksh' shell.
- Terminal: Added support for setting the font using the Control's Font property (previously, TerminalFont had to be used).
- Terminal: Added the ability to scroll while selecting a long chunk of text.
- Terminal: Fixed a bug that caused the terminal control to resize several times when minimized and maximized again.
- Terminal: Added DataReceived event to TerminalControl and VirtualTerminal classes.
- Terminal: Added AutoAdjustTerminalFont, UserInputEnabled, ScrollBarEnabled and ScrollbackResetOnDisplayActivity properties to TerminalControl class.
- Cryptography: Added support for reading and setting private key comment.
- Cryptography: Added RootCertificate and LeafCertificate properties to CertificateChain class.
- Cryptography: Added GetCommonName method to DistinguishedName class.
- Cryptography: Added IEnumerator support to CertificateChain.
- Cryptography: Added Equals method to DistinguishedName class.
- Cryptography: Fixed a bug in OID decoding routine that cased it to occasionally hang on broken input data.
- Cryptography: Added new Certificate.LoadPfx to make it possible to load keys into machine store.
- Cryptography: Fixed a problem in Certificate.Decrypt method that made the decryption fail with some rare certificates.
- Cryptography: Added Certificate.Associate method to make it possible to associate a RSA/DSA crypto service provider with access to a private key with a certificate.
- SSH Core: Added support for saving PuTTY private keys.
- SSH Core: Added ChangePassword method to SshSession class to make it possible to change user password.
- SSH Core: Added support for servers that don't require a password.
- SSH Core: Fixed a bug in SshSession that caused problems when multiple channels through the same SSH session were used at the same time.
2008-07-23 Version 1.0.3127.0 #
(build number 3127)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3127.0
- SFTP: GetList, GetRawList and GetNameList enhanced to support wildcards. However, they are processed at the client side because SFTP can't do that at the protocol level.
- SSH Core: Fixed a problem in RSA private key reader that caused an error with some keys.
- SSH Core: Enhanced packet reader to support oversized SSH packets.
2008-06-14 Version 1.0.3087.0 #
(build number 3087)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.3087.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug that caused data loss when a TLS/SSL connection was closed in a certain way.
- ProxySocket: New ISocket interface to make it possible to easily implement custom transport layers.
- ProxySocket: Fixed an unhandled exception that occured during a failed connection to a proxy specified by an IP address.
- SFTP: Enhanced initial folder detection to be compatible with more servers.
- SFTP: Added detection for FTP and SSL servers that are often mistaken with SFTP to produce better exception messages.
- SFTP: Fixed incorrect ChangeDirectory method behavior with empty path argument.
- SFTP: Fixed a problem that caused SftpException.Status property to have a incorrect value in some cases.
- SFTP: Added hostname validity checking to Connect method.
- SFTP: Added experimental support for CR/CRLF conversion of text files.
2007-12-06 Version 1.0.2896.0 #
(build number 2896)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2896.0
- All: Packages for .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 now available.
2007-11-11 Version 1.0.2871.0 #
(build number 2871)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2871.0
- SecureSocket: Added built-in PFX-based client certificate request handler.
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug in the negotiation part of the TlsSocket class that caused problems when handling large packets.
- SFTP: Fixed a bug in GetInfo and GetFileLength methods that caused an invalid length to be reported for files larger than 4GB.
2007-08-30 Version 1.0.2800.0 #
(build number 2800)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2800.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug in the server-side TLS/SSL code that caused a SSL2-style ClientHello message to be parsed incorrectly.
- SFTP: Default command and response encoding changed to Encoding.Default instead of standard UTF-8, because a survey of SFTP servers showed that none of them in fact uses UTF-8.
- SFTP: Added support for authentication using both username/password and public key at the same time.
2007-05-24 Version 1.0.2700.0 #
(build number 2700)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2700.0
- SFTP: Added ListItemReceived event. This makes it possible to display the list items as they are received, to filter them or to abort the transfer based on previously received items.
- SFTP: Response receive buffer enlarged to support messages that are slightly over the maximum allowed length, and better error reporting for those that are too large.
- SFTP: Added another workaround for WeOnlyDo's wodFTPD (FreeFtpD) server that is unable to report the correct file datetime if the local and remote time zones are not the same.
2007-04-20 Version 1.0.2666.0 #
(build number 2666)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2666.0
- SecureSocket: Speed drop caused by the data receiving loop introduced in the previous build was fixed.
- SFTP: Added SetFileDateTime method.
- SFTP: Added FileExists and DirectoryExists methods.
- SFTP: Added workaround to GetInfo method for WeOnlyDo SFTP server that reports missing files as access denied.
- SFTP: GetConnectionState no longer fails on disconnected objects.
- SFTP: Added GetUploadStream and GetDownloadStream methods for stream-based remote file access.
2007-03-06 Version 1.0.2621.0 #
(build number 2621)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2621.0
- SecureSocket: New refactorred TLS/SSL core introduced.
- SFTP: IPv6 support with .NET Framework 1.1/2.0/3.0 and .NET Compact Framework 2.0.
2007-01-11 Version 1.0.2567.0 #
(build number 2567)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2567.0
- SFTP: Added support for RSA and DSA public key authentication.
- SFTP: Added workaround for ShellFTP server that has a bad habit of dropping SSH sessions after the SFTP session is closed.
2006-12-12 Version 1.0.2537.0 #
(build number 2537)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2537.0
- SFTP: Initial public release.
2006-11-27 Version 1.0.2522.0 #
(build number 2522)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2522.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug in the Compact Framework version that caused an unnecessary slowdown when using SSL/TLS.
2006-09-05 Version 1.0.2439.0 #
(build number 2439)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2439.0
- SecureSocket: Several TLS/SSL optimization changes.
- ProxySocket: Added support for NTLM authentication through HTTP CONNECT proxies.
2006-08-25 Version 1.0.2428.0 #
(build number 2428)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2428.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug that could cause a failure or timeout on extremely fast connections.
2006-07-10 Version 1.0.2382.0 #
(build number 2382)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2382.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug that caused the connection not to be closed correctly under special circumstances.
- ProxySocket: Fixed a bug that caused the proxy password to be ignored (since build 2305).
2006-06-12 Version 1.0.2354.0 #
(build number 2354)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2354.0
- SecureSocket: Fixed a bug that caused the connection not to be closed correctly if the server ignores TLS/SSL close notifications.
2006-04-24 Version 1.0.2305.0 #
(build number 2305)
Complete list of changes of version 1.0.2305.0
- SecureSocket: Changes for compatibility with .NET Compact Framework's implementation of System.Net.Sockets.
2005-11-14 Version 126.96.36.199 #
(build number 19)
Complete list of changes of version 188.8.131.52
- SecureSocket: Added new TlsDebugEventType UnexpectedException for easier handling of unexpected exceptions thrown from inside the SSL/TLS code.
- SecureSocket: Added SilentUnprotect option to enable shutdown of SSL channel without sending the CloseNotify message. Needed to deal with buggy SSL implementations.
- SecureSocket: Added DoNotBufferDate option for enhanced control over the SSL channel.
- SecureSocket: Minor internal changes towards the forthcoming Compact Framework support.
2005-07-29 Version 184.108.40.206 #
(build number 18)
Complete list of changes of version 220.127.116.11
- SecureSocket: Added TlsSocket.Unprotect method to allow reverting back from TLS to unencrypted socket.
- ProxySocket: ProxySocketException, FtpProxy classes are serializable.
2004-11-10 Version 18.104.22.168 #
(build number 16)
Complete list of changes of version 22.214.171.124
- ProxySocket: Fixed a bug in Socks5 authentication code (incorrect version in authentication messages).
2004-09-01 Version 126.96.36.199 #
(build number 14)
Complete list of changes of version 188.8.131.52
- ProxySocket: Fixed a bug in ProxySocket's Accept method that could cause active mode transfers to hang under rare circumstances with some servers
- ProxySocket: Assembly have been marked as CLS-compliant.
2004-04-02 Version 184.108.40.206 #
(build number 13)
Complete list of changes of version 220.127.116.11
- ProxySocket: Lots of changes and improvements to the proxy code.
- ProxySocket: GetAddressLong and GetAddressBytes methods added to ProxySocket class to overcome differences between .NET 1.0 and 1.1.
2003-11-24 Version 18.104.22.168 #
(build number 11)
Complete list of changes of version 22.214.171.124
- ProxySocket: Enhancement in Available property of the ProxySocket class.
2003-11-07 Version 126.96.36.199 #
(build number 10)
Complete list of changes of version 188.8.131.52
- ProxySocket: Fixed a bug in synchronous methods of the ProxySocket that caused them to hang.
2003-11-01 Version 184.108.40.206 #
(build number 9)
Complete list of changes of version 220.127.116.11
- ProxySocket: Assembly divided into two parts: FTP and Proxy Socket.